RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
      I should have joined you!

      Next time I’m going.

      Glad you got some!

      -JBrick

      Sent from Windows Mail

      From: jwattboi
      Sent: ‎December‎ ‎2‎, ‎2012 ‎9‎:‎03‎ ‎PM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

      Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

      Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

      I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
        Jason way to go . this is a education for me at 2:00 the airbase was around 15 and stayed there till about 5 when it went to 23g33 , this tells me as we have seen many times , when they forecast it to back off in the afternoon it doesn't . but I cant explain why the airbase wasn't getting any ? there was a air temp high of 63 but when you were out there it was 48 . Im thinking your right about the water temp  its got to be warmer then LP witch was 48 the other day and that was at the edge where its do doubt warmer
         oh ya there is no globe warming

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: jasonbrickner@...
        Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 04:56:55 +0000
        Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

        I should have joined you!

        Next time I’m going.

        Glad you got some!

        -JBrick

        Sent from Windows Mail

        Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

        Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

        I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

        > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
        >
        > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
        >
        > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
        >
        > Eddy
        >

        > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
        >
        > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
        > >
        > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: jwattboi@...
        > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
        > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
        > >

        > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

      • jwattboi
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
          Look at the Grandview readings. They were the highest I think I've seen that station when I've kited down there. The Grandview chart looks better than the AFB station. I did notice the direction wasn't the normal NW, but more westerly. Maybe the wind at the AFB was not consistent if it was flowing over the river canyon and swirling around up to the airbase. I only went behind the islands once because of the wind direction. When I started my 12m sesh, I headed significantly more towards the bridge than normal.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
            You are right grandview tells the story . my experience is when its west CJ is very good . wind blowing over the dam not swirling over the bluff

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: jwattboi@...
            Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:34:28 +0000