Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

  • Jason Watt
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
      I see blue sky out west.  Boys will be double wrapped.

      On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:53, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Pocatello 41-58mph SW

      But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December.  Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.

      Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now

      Eddy

      On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwattboi@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

      I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
        Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

        Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

        I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

        > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
        >
        > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
        >
        > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
        >
        > Eddy
        >

        > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
        >
        > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
        > >
        > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: jwattboi@...
        > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
        > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
        > >

        > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
          Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
            Ditto.  JW you rock!!!  I was really bummed I could not join you.

            Eddy

            On Dec 3, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

            Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 2, 2012, at 9:03 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

            Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

            Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

            I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

            > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
            >
            > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
            >
            > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
            >
            > Eddy
            >

            > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
            >
            > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
            > >
            > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: jwattboi@...
            > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
            > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
            > >

            > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

          • Jim Tighe
            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012

              Dec Sailing/kiting is soooo Cool.  Way to Go.

              James R. Tighe

              5420 W State St.

              Boise, Idaho 83703

              208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

              jim@...

              www.gemstategymnastics.com

              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                  Did you launch from ‘cocaine flats’ or on the south side of the river?

                  -JBrick

                    I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                      Yeah…. I remember someone tearing up their front end transmission one spring in the mud.

                      Man… I could use a fix.  I’ll have to hit the snow…

                      -JBrick

                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
                        While not as fun as snow kiting nor as studly as kitesurfing in December I got in some skateboarding behind my 3m trainer kite. It will have to suffice til then.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 19 9:51 AM
                          Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43
                        • Gregory Da let
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 19 9:53 AM
                            Gonna be out of town😫

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:51 AM, 'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                            Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                          • Peter Hammett
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 19 1:53 PM
                              I'd be into going on Friday. Please let me know if you are heading out. Thanks,
                              -Peter 425-890-3104

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:57 -0700
                              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] wind alert

                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 20 10:08 AM
                                I can't get away today, but Saturday looks good.   Peak is forecast at 2, sunny and 47, I'm in.

                                Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                              • Bill Binegar
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 20 11:33 AM
                                  I cannot make either day. Hockey, volleyball and minor calf injury

                                  Billy G

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 21 9:19 AM
                                    18 and building now.  I hope it gets as good as the graph from yesterday looked.  I'm going to head out around 11 and Mike Z and a friend are heading out too.

                                    Anybody else?
                                  • jwattboi
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 21 7:51 PM
                                      Three of us had a solid day on the river.  Cloudy at first, then skies cleared and wind ramped up.  Kites out were 8, 9.5 , and 10.