Re: wind alert

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
      I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
        If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: jwattboi@...
        Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
          Pocatello 41-58mph SW

          But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December.  Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.

          Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now

          Eddy

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: jwattboi@...
          Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

          I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

        • Jason Watt

            From: jwattboi@...
            Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
              Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

              Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

              I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

              > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
              >
              > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
              >
              > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
              >
              > Eddy
              >

              > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
              >
              > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
              > >
              > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: jwattboi@...
              > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
              > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
              > >

              > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

            • Greg
              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                  Ditto.  JW you rock!!!  I was really bummed I could not join you.

                  Eddy

                  On Dec 3, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

                  Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Dec 2, 2012, at 9:03 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                  Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

                  Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

                  I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

                  > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
                  >
                  > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
                  >
                  > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
                  >
                  > Eddy
                  >

                  > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
                  > >
                  > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  > > From: jwattboi@...
                  > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
                  > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
                  > >

                  > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

                • Jim Tighe
                  Message 8 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012

                    Dec Sailing/kiting is soooo Cool.  Way to Go.

                    James R. Tighe

                    5420 W State St.

                    Boise, Idaho 83703

                    208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

                    jim@...

                    www.gemstategymnastics.com

                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                        Did you launch from ‘cocaine flats’ or on the south side of the river?

                        -JBrick

                          I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

                          Message 12 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                            Yeah…. I remember someone tearing up their front end transmission one spring in the mud.

                            Man… I could use a fix.  I’ll have to hit the snow…

                            -JBrick

                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
                              While not as fun as snow kiting nor as studly as kitesurfing in December I got in some skateboarding behind my 3m trainer kite. It will have to suffice til then.

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 19
                                Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43
                              • Gregory Da let
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 19
                                  Gonna be out of town😫

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:51 AM, 'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                  Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                • Peter Hammett
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 19
                                    I'd be into going on Friday. Please let me know if you are heading out. Thanks,
                                    -Peter 425-890-3104

                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:57 -0700
                                    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] wind alert

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 20
                                      I can't get away today, but Saturday looks good.   Peak is forecast at 2, sunny and 47, I'm in.

                                      Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                    • Bill Binegar
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 20
                                        I cannot make either day. Hockey, volleyball and minor calf injury

                                        Billy G

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 21
                                          18 and building now.  I hope it gets as good as the graph from yesterday looked.  I'm going to head out around 11 and Mike Z and a friend are heading out too.

                                          Anybody else?
                                        • jwattboi
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 21
                                            Three of us had a solid day on the river.  Cloudy at first, then skies cleared and wind ramped up.  Kites out were 8, 9.5 , and 10.