RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
      Tuesday Looks like our next best chance but 10 degrees cooler . with wind chill and water temp I need to borrow Stephano's dry suit

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: jim@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:33:37 -0700
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

      I just got back from LP. Nothing but rain,a couple of boats n a bike race at bottom of dam.

      steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Jason
      I not going to chance it . Its started to clock around now sw at 15 to 21 , but forecast is for it to back of soon , and we need to see it more like 20 to 30 , temp looks real nice at 63 . if you go take your Mt bike or your SUP

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwattboi@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

      Looks like changing to westerly in the 20's around noon to 3:00 today. Mid to upper 50's and cloudy. Anybody want to do a CJ or river run?

      > friday saturday and sunday all showing temps in the mid 50s and SE wind . water could be cold maybe too cold , CJ our best bet , to bad Lake Lowell is closed

    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
        I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
          If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: jwattboi@...
          Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
            Pocatello 41-58mph SW

            But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December.  Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.

            Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now

            Eddy

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: jwattboi@...
            Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

            I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

          • Jason Watt

              From: jwattboi@...
              Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

                Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

                I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

                > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
                >
                > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
                >
                > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
                >
                > Eddy
                >

                > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                >
                > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
                > >
                > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: jwattboi@...
                > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
                > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
                > >

                > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

              • Greg
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                  Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                    Ditto.  JW you rock!!!  I was really bummed I could not join you.

                    Eddy

                    On Dec 3, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Greg <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

                    Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Dec 2, 2012, at 9:03 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

                    Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

                    Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

                    I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

                    > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
                    >
                    > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
                    >
                    > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
                    >
                    > Eddy
                    >

                    > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
                    > >
                    > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    > > From: jwattboi@...
                    > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
                    > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
                    > >

                    > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

                  • Jim Tighe
                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012

                      Dec Sailing/kiting is soooo Cool.  Way to Go.

                      James R. Tighe

                      5420 W State St.

                      Boise, Idaho 83703

                      208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

                      jim@...

                      www.gemstategymnastics.com

                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                        Message 11 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                          Did you launch from ‘cocaine flats’ or on the south side of the river?

                          -JBrick

                            I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                              Yeah…. I remember someone tearing up their front end transmission one spring in the mud.

                              Man… I could use a fix.  I’ll have to hit the snow…

                              -JBrick

                              Message 14 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
                                While not as fun as snow kiting nor as studly as kitesurfing in December I got in some skateboarding behind my 3m trainer kite. It will have to suffice til then.

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 19, 2015
                                  Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43
                                • Gregory Da let
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 19, 2015
                                    Gonna be out of town😫

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:51 AM, 'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                    Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                  • Peter Hammett
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 19, 2015
                                      I'd be into going on Friday. Please let me know if you are heading out. Thanks,
                                      -Peter 425-890-3104

                                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:57 -0700
                                      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] wind alert

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 20, 2015
                                        I can't get away today, but Saturday looks good.   Peak is forecast at 2, sunny and 47, I'm in.

                                        Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                      • Bill Binegar
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 20, 2015
                                          I cannot make either day. Hockey, volleyball and minor calf injury

                                          Billy G

                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 21, 2015
                                            18 and building now.  I hope it gets as good as the graph from yesterday looked.  I'm going to head out around 11 and Mike Z and a friend are heading out too.

                                            Anybody else?
                                          • jwattboi
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 21, 2015
                                              Three of us had a solid day on the river.  Cloudy at first, then skies cleared and wind ramped up.  Kites out were 8, 9.5 , and 10.