RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 30, 2012
      Area Forecast Discussion
      TODAY THROUGH SATURDAY...MAJOR RAIN EVENT ABOUT TO
      UNFOLD OVER THE AREA WITH A SURGE OF MOISTURE ALREADY PUSHING
      NORTHEAST THROUGH EASTERN OREGON AND THE WEST CENTRAL AND BOISE
      MOUNTAINS. GUSTY SOUTHEAST SURFACE WINDS

      I swear they did call for all this rain yesterday , they had back off . first they forecasted it for they didn't now they did again , radar shows something big coming west of Ontario

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:45:10 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

      I think I could be talked into a noon departure if the rain holds off!!!

      Eddy

      Yesterday morning ice on roads today walking around in shorts barefoot ...WTF...this is not good for snow

      > friday saturday and sunday all showing temps in the mid 50s and SE wind . water could be cold maybe too cold , CJ our best bet , to bad Lake Lowell is closed

    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 30, 2012
        Wish I could go, but I doubt I can make it today. I could go Sat/Sun if the wind's good.

        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
          Looks like changing to westerly in the 20's around noon to 3:00 today. Mid to upper 50's and cloudy. Anybody want to do a CJ or river run?

          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
            Jason
            I not going to chance it . Its started to clock around now sw at 15 to 21 , but forecast is for it to back of soon , and we need to see it more like 20 to 30 , temp looks real nice at 63 . if you go take your Mt bike or your SUP

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: jwattboi@...
            Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000

            Looks like changing to westerly in the 20's around noon to 3:00 today. Mid to upper 50's and cloudy. Anybody want to do a CJ or river run?

            > friday saturday and sunday all showing temps in the mid 50s and SE wind . water could be cold maybe too cold , CJ our best bet , to bad Lake Lowell is closed

          • Jim Tighe
            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
              I just got back from LP. Nothing but rain,a couple of boats n a bike race at bottom of dam.

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: jwattboi@...
              Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000

              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                Tuesday Looks like our next best chance but 10 degrees cooler . with wind chill and water temp I need to borrow Stephano's dry suit

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: jim@...
                Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:33:37 -0700
                Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: jwattboi@...
                Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000

                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                  I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.
                  Message 8 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                    If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jwattboi@...
                    Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                      Pocatello 41-58mph SW

                      But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December.  Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.

                      Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now

                      Eddy

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jwattboi@...
                      Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

                      I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

                    • Jason Watt

                        From: jwattboi@...
                        Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

                        Message 11 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                          Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

                          Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

                          I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

                          > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
                          >
                          > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
                          >
                          > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
                          >
                          > Eddy
                          >

                          > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
                          > >
                          > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          > > From: jwattboi@...
                          > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
                          > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
                          > >

                          > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

                        • Greg
                          Message 12 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                            Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                              Ditto.  JW you rock!!!  I was really bummed I could not join you.

                              Eddy

                              Message 14 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012

                                Dec Sailing/kiting is soooo Cool.  Way to Go.

                                James R. Tighe

                                5420 W State St.

                                Boise, Idaho 83703

                                208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

                                jim@...

                                www.gemstategymnastics.com

                                Message 15 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                                    Did you launch from ‘cocaine flats’ or on the south side of the river?

                                    -JBrick

                                      I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                                        Yeah…. I remember someone tearing up their front end transmission one spring in the mud.

                                        Man… I could use a fix.  I’ll have to hit the snow…

                                        -JBrick

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
                                          While not as fun as snow kiting nor as studly as kitesurfing in December I got in some skateboarding behind my 3m trainer kite. It will have to suffice til then.

                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 19
                                            Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43
                                          • Gregory Da let
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 19
                                              Gonna be out of town😫

                                              Sent from my iPhone

                                              On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:51 AM, 'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                              Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                            • Peter Hammett
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 19
                                                I'd be into going on Friday. Please let me know if you are heading out. Thanks,
                                                -Peter 425-890-3104

                                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:57 -0700
                                                Subject: [snowkiteidaho] wind alert

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 20
                                                  I can't get away today, but Saturday looks good.   Peak is forecast at 2, sunny and 47, I'm in.

                                                  Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                                • Bill Binegar
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 20
                                                    I cannot make either day. Hockey, volleyball and minor calf injury

                                                    Billy G

                                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Feb 21
                                                      18 and building now.  I hope it gets as good as the graph from yesterday looked.  I'm going to head out around 11 and Mike Z and a friend are heading out too.

                                                      Anybody else?
                                                    • jwattboi
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Feb 21
                                                        Three of us had a solid day on the river.  Cloudy at first, then skies cleared and wind ramped up.  Kites out were 8, 9.5 , and 10.