wind alert

    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 29, 2012
      friday saturday and sunday all showing temps in the mid 50s and SE wind . water could be cold maybe too cold , CJ our best bet , to bad Lake Lowell is closed
    • geardaddyllc
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 30, 2012
        I think I could be talked into a noon departure if the rain holds off!!!

        Eddy

        Yesterday morning ice on roads today walking around in shorts barefoot ...WTF...this is not good for snow

        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 30, 2012
          Area Forecast Discussion
          TODAY THROUGH SATURDAY...MAJOR RAIN EVENT ABOUT TO
          UNFOLD OVER THE AREA WITH A SURGE OF MOISTURE ALREADY PUSHING
          NORTHEAST THROUGH EASTERN OREGON AND THE WEST CENTRAL AND BOISE
          MOUNTAINS. GUSTY SOUTHEAST SURFACE WINDS

          I swear they did call for all this rain yesterday , they had back off . first they forecasted it for they didn't now they did again , radar shows something big coming west of Ontario

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: geardaddyllc@...
          Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:45:10 +0000
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

          I think I could be talked into a noon departure if the rain holds off!!!

          Eddy

          Yesterday morning ice on roads today walking around in shorts barefoot ...WTF...this is not good for snow

          > friday saturday and sunday all showing temps in the mid 50s and SE wind . water could be cold maybe too cold , CJ our best bet , to bad Lake Lowell is closed

        • jwattboi
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 30, 2012
            Wish I could go, but I doubt I can make it today. I could go Sat/Sun if the wind's good.

            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
              Looks like changing to westerly in the 20's around noon to 3:00 today. Mid to upper 50's and cloudy. Anybody want to do a CJ or river run?

              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                Jason
                I not going to chance it . Its started to clock around now sw at 15 to 21 , but forecast is for it to back of soon , and we need to see it more like 20 to 30 , temp looks real nice at 63 . if you go take your Mt bike or your SUP

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: jwattboi@...
                Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000

                Looks like changing to westerly in the 20's around noon to 3:00 today. Mid to upper 50's and cloudy. Anybody want to do a CJ or river run?

                > friday saturday and sunday all showing temps in the mid 50s and SE wind . water could be cold maybe too cold , CJ our best bet , to bad Lake Lowell is closed

              • Jim Tighe
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                  I just got back from LP. Nothing but rain,a couple of boats n a bike race at bottom of dam.

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jwattboi@...
                  Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000

                  Message 8 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                    Tuesday Looks like our next best chance but 10 degrees cooler . with wind chill and water temp I need to borrow Stephano's dry suit

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jim@...
                    Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:33:37 -0700
                    Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: jwattboi@...
                    Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:42:46 +0000

                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                      I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.
                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                        If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        From: jwattboi@...
                        Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

                        Message 11 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                          Pocatello 41-58mph SW

                          But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December.  Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.

                          Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now

                          Eddy

                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                          From: jwattboi@...
                          Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

                          I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

                        • Jason Watt

                            From: jwattboi@...
                            Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000

                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 2, 2012
                              Got to the bridge and rigged the 9.5 at 2:15-ish. Still cloudy and spitting just a little rain. Went out and I was so lit I thought maybe I should head back in to get the 7. Nah, stayed out and it mellowed a little. Was good n lit for a while. Hit the 3 o'clock lull and worked my way back in.

                              Big lull so I rigged the 12 and got out the big board. About the time I was ready to head out the white caps picked back up so I went back out on the regular board. Right choice, freight train on the 12 till dark. I could have been on the 9.5 but didn't want to re-rig again.

                              I had on a 2mil shortie and the 543 over it with gloves, booties, and helmet. I never did get cold and didn't bother taking the water temp, it felt low to mid 50's. The sun came out for the last half. The wind was more westerly. I quit just after sunset and the wind was still crankin. It was a great session, gusty at first, nice powered butter after the lull, and a little gusty the last half hour or so. The only thing that wasn't great was nobody else there to share it.

                              > Pocatello 41-58mph SW
                              >
                              > But how cool would you be to kiteboard in December. Wish I could but used my hall pass to paraglide yesterday.
                              >
                              > Go for it JW and let us know when the boys drop back down. I think the rain might hold off now
                              >
                              > Eddy
                              >

                              > On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > If you look at Ontario right now its W 22 G 31 MPH but cooling off at 51 . and MT H This Afternoon Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west northwest 21 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. and its allready 21 28
                              > >
                              > > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              > > From: jwattboi@...
                              > > Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 19:15:33 +0000
                              > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: wind alert
                              > >

                              > > I've got the afternoon free so I think I'm going to take a drive in a while if nothing else. I have room if anyone wants to tag along.

                            • Greg
                              Message 14 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                                Way to go JW, doing it in Dec.!

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                Message 15 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                                  Ditto.  JW you rock!!!  I was really bummed I could not join you.

                                  Eddy

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012

                                    Dec Sailing/kiting is soooo Cool.  Way to Go.

                                    James R. Tighe

                                    5420 W State St.

                                    Boise, Idaho 83703

                                    208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

                                    jim@...

                                    www.gemstategymnastics.com

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Dec 3, 2012
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                                        Did you launch from ‘cocaine flats’ or on the south side of the river?

                                        -JBrick

                                          I launched from the north side but the area closer to the bridge. There's a good shallow area to walk out and drift launch. After the rain, the the road to cocaine flats would have been seriously mucky.

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012

                                            Yeah…. I remember someone tearing up their front end transmission one spring in the mud.

                                            Man… I could use a fix.  I’ll have to hit the snow…

                                            -JBrick

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Dec 4, 2012
                                              While not as fun as snow kiting nor as studly as kitesurfing in December I got in some skateboarding behind my 3m trainer kite. It will have to suffice til then.

                                              Sent from my iPhone

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 19
                                                Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43
                                              • Gregory Da let
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 19
                                                  Gonna be out of town😫

                                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                                  On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:51 AM, 'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                                  Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                                • Peter Hammett
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 19
                                                    I'd be into going on Friday. Please let me know if you are heading out. Thanks,
                                                    -Peter 425-890-3104

                                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                    From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                    Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:51:57 -0700
                                                    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] wind alert

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Feb 20
                                                      I can't get away today, but Saturday looks good.   Peak is forecast at 2, sunny and 47, I'm in.

                                                      Looks like Friday ( high of 54 ) could be windy and warm at the river or CJ , I know Bill , Jason and Greg , wanted to get in on the next opportunity . Saturday ( high of 49 ) also possible but cooler . one model is forecasting a strong SE on Sunday but a high of only 43

                                                    • Bill Binegar
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Feb 20
                                                        I cannot make either day. Hockey, volleyball and minor calf injury

                                                        Billy G

                                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Feb 21
                                                          18 and building now.  I hope it gets as good as the graph from yesterday looked.  I'm going to head out around 11 and Mike Z and a friend are heading out too.

                                                          Anybody else?
                                                        • jwattboi
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Feb 21
                                                            Three of us had a solid day on the river.  Cloudy at first, then skies cleared and wind ramped up.  Kites out were 8, 9.5 , and 10.