thurs/Fri

  • darrel1028
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
      Yesterday was all f'd up.

      The big West wind never came. We drove up to the top, but there was
      nothing, not even last resort. We saw someone (Westy! Nice to meet
      ya.) at the L'il Camus Res with an old buggy kite on the way up, so we
      went back. It was a decent West I got out for a 5-10 minute ride, then
      nothing, then a good Easter kicked up. I figured oh, a good thermal,
      I'll ride this back. I got back just in time for the next lull. I cut
      one of my lines dicking around with my kite, so I was toast, but I
      figured we all were with the way the wind was. But,sure enough, it
      continued to build out of the East, and we all had a good ride. (after
      I fixed my line.)

      Today's forecast is NW14. It is blowing NW at Deerhaven this morning.
      Lets hope it builds.

      2:15?
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
        As long as it is looking positive I'm in.

        Eddy

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
          Friday - I think it will work this afternoon. Hawk will head up early and give us the "go/no go" Status!

          Saturday -  I think it will be an early session SE flow, b/c the NW flow should kick in later and cancel the net wind.

          Sunday - could be good all day with SE Flow again at the Camas Divide (aka Last Resort)  if we are lucky maybe Hysterical site.

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007

            Eddy,

            Just an FYI. The wind does know my day off is Wed.  Jack and I did go Wed w/ the SW winds and had a great time.  Monte was also there.  Monte thanks for your pointers and help.  Jack thanks for getting me up there.  Hope everyone has fun this weekend, I’ll be in McCall.

            I know it’s early, but next Mon or Wed, if blowing let’s go.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
              I've recieved several phone calls wondering were I am.  Looks like it is blowing

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
                Friday  - was incredible with solid winds 18-23 mph. Darrel's Friend "Tye" (sp?) came out and took some awesome high quality pictures. Darrel and I were having fun on the 14m kites and boosting Hugh airs some of my biggest this season.

                Today looks really good also maybe not as strong;  leaving at 10:30am

                Eddy

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 4, 2007
                  Yesterday way strong again.  I figured it out the Jet Stream is right dead center over us. Anyway it looks like it has shift to the East.  The winds are still strong at Deer Haven right now but looks like it will drop down as the day progresses.  Leaving at 12 today.

                  That will be 4 in a row which is perfect for Darrel since today is his BIG 40.

                  Eddy