- Bet it was good! It started blowing last night around 8 and blew all night, was still blowing when I left for work this morning at 7.Message 1 of 171 , Oct 31, 2012View SourceBet it was good! It started blowing last night around 8 and blew all night, was still blowing when I left for work this morning at 7.On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:08 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:looks like a lucky Peck morning
- Hello Jim, Interesting idea. It would be helpful for someone to do an energy budget study before sinking the money. First, I m not sure how efficient theMessage 171 of 171 , Oct 24, 2013View Source
Interesting idea. It would be helpful for someone to do an energy budget study before sinking the money. First, I’m not sure how efficient the inverter in the backup UPS is. Second, I’m not sure what the full current draw of the system is (WiFi Hotspot, Weatherbridge router, and Weatherstation). It shouldn’t be much at all (no more than 1-2 Amps at 120VAC – 120-240Watts), but it needs to be measured. You would also want to make sure the system could handle the extreme outdoor conditions up there. Specifically condensing moisture on the electronics. It’s not so much the cold, but the possibility of condensing moisture can be a killer.
Thinking that the device linked below would be great when paired with a decent quality deep cycle battery. Would likely need to build some sort of insulated box to hold the hardware and mount a 20' pole onto. All together not a cheap undertaking, but likely not that expensive ($3-400.00?). Obviously as was mentioned, location and security would be a consideration. Approaching landowner for permission? Thoughts?
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:
Theoretically it should be possible. The backup UPS runs off a 12VDC battery. I’m not sure why we couldn’t wire it into some larger car batteries. The only issue would be having enough solar power to charge the batteries… and where to put it.
Thinking out loud here...what would it take to set up the weather station in the vicinity of "Last Resort" on the Camas? Power supply?
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:
Folks, any preferences on when we should take down the LP weather station? Target Nov. 1? The longer it's up, the more the elements wear on it, so if usefulness is diminishing, maybe time to take it down?
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:
Drove up and it's blowing. However, it felt too cold and my car said it's 41 even the station said 44. Decided not to sail as I'm not 100% from the cold I got a week and half ago.
Tom (windsurf?) and Larry (SUP) was driving up when I was driving off.
I guess I should have arrived later and I may have rigged up and sailed.
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:
Looks like it's going off and thinking about giving it a shot. Hopefully no hiking now that shutdown is over.
This message is via your subscription to the Google Groups
"Boise Sailors Association" group.
To post: BoiseSailors@...
Group stuff: http://groups.google.com/group/BoiseSailors
Sailing stuff: http://fortboise.org/windsurfing/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Boise Sailors Association" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to boisesailors+unsubscribe@....
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.