RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Tue/Wed Desert Run

    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 3, 2012

      Where did you guys go?

      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jwattboi
      Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:38 PM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Tue/Wed Desert Run

      Solid beef when we first got there and progressively mellowed as the day went on.

      Inaugural flight of my new 7m when we first got there. Default mid settings not right. After a while crashed it leading edge down, one outside line wrapped around the centers when it tumbled so I limped back to shore.

      Dying down a little so set up the 9.5 and went out. Nice 'n lit during the gusts. Got some good action in before the primary let go after powering up after a jump. Not sure how, bummer. Bar goes to the kite, lines are fubar. So I took a nice leisurely sail back to the shore.

      Greg helped me get lines untangled and we both went back out on 12s. Thanks Greg! Took out about 5:00 as it was starting to get light. Overall good day. Wish more would have been with us, maybe next time.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      > WOW!!! Looking great guys. Wish I could go. This should be solid beef
      > today. Bruneau Bridge should be perfect. Maybe even CJ.
      >

      > -JBrick

    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 5, 2012
        We went to the river.

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

        > Where did you guys go?

      • Jason Watt
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
          Mtn home 20g30. Albys at 1:45 if it holds and anybody else wants to go. So far me and Greg.
        • Bill Binegar
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
            So how was the kiting today.

            Sent from my iPhone

          • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
              The short story: Jason got out on his 12m and big board for close to an hour. Nice day, pretty warm. Long story: we should have left town around 11 but finally hit the hyway about 2. Went to the river first, looked promising as we drove down the grade, by the time we parked at end of cocaiena ally it seemed to have died. Saddled up and drove to cj to see what was shaking there- not much. Thought there was some white caps on the east pool of cj so headed over there to check it out-no not so much. So we drove back to river and it seemed to call out to Jason so we parked next to the bridge and tossed the kite into the water. Looked like fun but I had a nap on my mind by then so I commenced to napping once JW was out and having fun. Tomorrow LP looks to be a classic fall session and I'm all rested up. Hope to see ya'll up there.
              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              From: Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...>
              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 18:42:18 -0600
              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Desert Run

              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
                Yup, pretty much that. Decided after our second stop back at the river, drove this far may as well go even if not lit. Glad I did. Got upwind a ways and got some jumps in before it started backing off. Air and sun were warm, and water was not cold. Weather was so nice I got back to shore and Greg had decided to just take a siesta in a camp chair.

                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
                  Wait.  Don't you have kids soccer games all day like me?

                  Regards,
                  -Jason Brickner
                  Olympus Controls
                  (208)-475-4670

                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                        I only have one child, she is 9. She played soccer for a short while and thankfully decided it was not for her. She has tried several sports and we fully encourage it but she hasn't found one yet :)
                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        From: Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
                        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 21:56:35 -0600
                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        Cc: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012

                          How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                            did you see the forecast for Tuesday ? Aviation weather has 44 at 3;00 pm in Mt.H

                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            From: chris133@...
                            Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600

                            How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                              anyone go to LP this morning ?. looks like its could of been warm and windy

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              From: itile@...
                              Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:31:19 -0600

                              did you see the forecast for Tuesday ? Aviation weather has 44 at 3;00 pm in Mt.H

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              From: chris133@...
                              Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600

                              How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                She has flown my 3m trainer kite at the park and does quite well. I need to get a 4 or 5m four line kite for her.
                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                From: "Chris Lee" <chris133@...>
                                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600
                                To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                  It was warm and windy. Stephano was rigging up on the expansive Brickner beach as I crossed the dam. J Watts was mid hike when I parked down by the boat launch. Kite size ranged from 7-12-14m so who knows. Wind was southerly so it seemed punchy/holey as it rolled off the south rim. J Watts headed up to Beef Butte and I followed. Played up there for an hour plus. Lots of little waves on north side and fun buttery carving turns in the sandy shallows on the south side. Finally got out at 11. Lots of fun although you had to work some. Missed ya'll. It was still blowing when we left and I bet it is still going now.
                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                  From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                  Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:36:50 -0600
                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: itile@...
                                  Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:31:19 -0600

                                  did you see the forecast for Tuesday ? Aviation weather has 44 at 3;00 pm in Mt.H

                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: chris133@...
                                  Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600

                                  How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                    Gem State gymnastics was awesome for my daughter. She was not a star and now does volleyball. The gymnastics helped so much with her flexibility and balance.

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                      We had Kalena in gymnastics, tai kwando, swimming, soccer. Now she has a horse, enjoys fishing just discovered crawdads now that the river is so low. We have been to gymstate a lot and she loves that place. We often take advantage of the parents night out events they offer. I highly recommend it.
                                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                        I love u guys.