sat & sun

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 29, 2012
      Just me, Tony, and Betsy this morning. Maybe some wind tomorrow morning? If not, Wednesday looks like maybe it could come up for the river or CJ.
      Message 2 of 30 , Sep 29, 2012
        Did it work this am???

        I think the front is passing thru on Tuesday afternoon.  But who really knows.  I'll be ready for Tuesday afta but probably out for Wednesday.

        Eddy

        On Sep 29, 2012, at 2:46 PM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

        Just me, Tony, and Betsy this morning. Maybe some wind tomorrow morning? If not, Wednesday looks like maybe it could come up for the river or CJ.

      • Tonyswilliams
        Message 3 of 30 , Sep 29, 2012
          Yes it was average day. Mid teens to 20ish rode till 10:00

          Sent from my iPhone

        • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 30 , Sep 30, 2012
            I'd be up for a session in the desert.
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 20:46:54 -0000
            To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] sat & sun

            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 2, 2012
              I brought my gear to work in case it comes up later today or tomorrow. Anybody else in?

              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 2, 2012
                I will keep a eye on it
                Steve-O

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: jwattboi@...
                Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 16:05:55 +0000
                Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Tue/Wed Desert Run

              • Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 2, 2012
                  Timing on this front is all jacked up. I think tomorrow is going to be early not late...unfortunately work is in way

                  Enjoy last day of summer.

                  Eddu

                  --
                  Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                  208-863-6966
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 3, 2012
                    Anybody want to go later this morning / early afternoon?

                    --
                    Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                    208-863-6966

                  • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 3, 2012
                      Ill make a descision later.
                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
                      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 08:42:30 -0600
                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Tue/Wed Desert Run

                      --
                      Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                      208-863-6966

                    • jwattboi
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 3, 2012
                        Greg and I are meeting at Alby's @ noon. Anybody else?
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 3, 2012

                          WOW!!!  Looking great guys.  Wish I could go.  This should be solid beef today.  Bruneau Bridge should be perfect.  Maybe even CJ.

                          -JBrick

                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 3, 2012
                            Solid beef when we first got there and progressively mellowed as the day went on.

                            Inaugural flight of my new 7m when we first got there. Default mid settings not right. After a while crashed it leading edge down, one outside line wrapped around the centers when it tumbled so I limped back to shore.

                            Dying down a little so set up the 9.5 and went out. Nice 'n lit during the gusts. Got some good action in before the primary let go after powering up after a jump. Not sure how, bummer. Bar goes to the kite, lines are fubar. So I took a nice leisurely sail back to the shore.

                            Greg helped me get lines untangled and we both went back out on 12s. Thanks Greg! Took out about 5:00 as it was starting to get light. Overall good day. Wish more would have been with us, maybe next time.

                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 3, 2012

                              Where did you guys go?

                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 5, 2012
                                We went to the river.

                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
                                  Mtn home 20g30. Albys at 1:45 if it holds and anybody else wants to go. So far me and Greg.
                                • Bill Binegar
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
                                    So how was the kiting today.

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
                                      The short story: Jason got out on his 12m and big board for close to an hour. Nice day, pretty warm. Long story: we should have left town around 11 but finally hit the hyway about 2. Went to the river first, looked promising as we drove down the grade, by the time we parked at end of cocaiena ally it seemed to have died. Saddled up and drove to cj to see what was shaking there- not much. Thought there was some white caps on the east pool of cj so headed over there to check it out-no not so much. So we drove back to river and it seemed to call out to Jason so we parked next to the bridge and tossed the kite into the water. Looked like fun but I had a nap on my mind by then so I commenced to napping once JW was out and having fun. Tomorrow LP looks to be a classic fall session and I'm all rested up. Hope to see ya'll up there.
                                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                      From: Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...>
                                      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 18:42:18 -0600
                                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                                      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Desert Run

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
                                        Yup, pretty much that. Decided after our second stop back at the river, drove this far may as well go even if not lit. Glad I did. Got upwind a ways and got some jumps in before it started backing off. Air and sun were warm, and water was not cold. Weather was so nice I got back to shore and Greg had decided to just take a siesta in a camp chair.

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
                                          Wait.  Don't you have kids soccer games all day like me?

                                          Regards,
                                          -Jason Brickner
                                          Olympus Controls
                                          (208)-475-4670

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                I only have one child, she is 9. She played soccer for a short while and thankfully decided it was not for her. She has tried several sports and we fully encourage it but she hasn't found one yet :)
                                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                From: Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
                                                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 21:56:35 -0600
                                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                                                ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                Cc: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012

                                                  How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                    did you see the forecast for Tuesday ? Aviation weather has 44 at 3;00 pm in Mt.H

                                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                    From: chris133@...
                                                    Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600

                                                    How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                      anyone go to LP this morning ?. looks like its could of been warm and windy

                                                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                      From: itile@...
                                                      Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:31:19 -0600

                                                      did you see the forecast for Tuesday ? Aviation weather has 44 at 3;00 pm in Mt.H

                                                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                      From: chris133@...
                                                      Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600

                                                      How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                        She has flown my 3m trainer kite at the park and does quite well. I need to get a 4 or 5m four line kite for her.
                                                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                        From: "Chris Lee" <chris133@...>
                                                        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                        Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600
                                                        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                          It was warm and windy. Stephano was rigging up on the expansive Brickner beach as I crossed the dam. J Watts was mid hike when I parked down by the boat launch. Kite size ranged from 7-12-14m so who knows. Wind was southerly so it seemed punchy/holey as it rolled off the south rim. J Watts headed up to Beef Butte and I followed. Played up there for an hour plus. Lots of little waves on north side and fun buttery carving turns in the sandy shallows on the south side. Finally got out at 11. Lots of fun although you had to work some. Missed ya'll. It was still blowing when we left and I bet it is still going now.
                                                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                          From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                                          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                          Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:36:50 -0600
                                                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                          From: itile@...
                                                          Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:31:19 -0600

                                                          did you see the forecast for Tuesday ? Aviation weather has 44 at 3;00 pm in Mt.H

                                                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                                          From: chris133@...
                                                          Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:17:42 -0600

                                                          How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                            Gem State gymnastics was awesome for my daughter. She was not a star and now does volleyball. The gymnastics helped so much with her flexibility and balance.

                                                            Sent from my iPhone

                                                            How about kiteboarding?  ;-)

                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                              We had Kalena in gymnastics, tai kwando, swimming, soccer. Now she has a horse, enjoys fishing just discovered crawdads now that the river is so low. We have been to gymstate a lot and she loves that place. We often take advantage of the parents night out events they offer. I highly recommend it.
                                                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                                I love u guys.