Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Morning wind

  • Jason Watt
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2012
      Looks great this morning.  Hope you guys are gettin' it!

      On Sep 27, 2012, at 22:14, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

      Got a hall pass! Dr baker bday kite sess tomorrow!

      On Thursday, September 27, 2012, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:
      That might work as an excuse for me too!!!!    "But Honey I need to launch Steve's kite...it's his B-Day!!!!"

      See you at ~8:30

      Eddy

      On Sep 27, 2012, at 11:06 AM, STEVE BAKER <sbakerdvm@...> wrote:

      Never leave to find wind!  You said it Jim T.
      Tomorrow's my birthday, maybe my present will be wind and permission from my lovely wife to kite.

      From: jim@...
      To: itile@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...
      Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:00:12 -0600
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [BSA] Morning wind

      I am leaving town tomorrow but if it is going to blow I will leave after our morning session.  See you there if its over 15.  My trip is to Moscow, Spokane, Yakima, HOOD RIVER and back.  Will stay in HR a couple of days if it is Sailable.  But never lv wind to find wind, so LP tomorrow before the drive starts.

      James R. Tighe

      5420 W State St.

      Boise, Idaho 83703

      208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

      jim@...

      www.gemstategymnastics.com

      From: chris133@...
      Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:35:44 -0600
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [BSA] Morning wind

        To: rustyshill@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; BoiseSailors@...
        From: chris133@...
        Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:35:44 -0600

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 26 11:25 AM
          You're right Chris around 10 o'clock it started to rain just a little bit after that passed the wind kicked up a notch. When I got there jet ski Dave and his female chauffeur already out on a 9. 5 then Peter got out on is foil and I got out on my 12-meter Greg showed up with his foil and Jim was out windsurfing butter smooth wind it first then got a little dusty but not bad. Plenti powered up the whole time. Blowing stronger at 11:30 when I left then when I got there at about 9

          Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
          On Oct 26, 2016 11:02 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:
          Looks like a good morning... and it kicked in an extra gear at 10:00 a.m.!
          Too bad I can't make it... hope you are having a great time!

          On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 7:50 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
          Headed up to the lake.

          Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid

          Best regards,
          Chris Lee.
        • Jim Tighe
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27
            Yeah Will pushed the magic button n we are up n running with the weather station.  Back into the 21 century..

            On Sep 27, 2017 8:09 AM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:
            I was hoping. Thanks, Chris.

            Thinking about the symptoms, and with what little I know, my notion
            is that the Davis Vantage VUE needs to be refreshed/restarted/re- batteried,
            but that's just a guess. Each piece of the puzzle seems capable of
            failing. The initial fault -- wind data, but no temperature -- seems like
            it would be the Wx itself, but I know little about that.

            It was 2008 when we first installed this. And I think we're on our
            2nd instrument? I'm not sure if I ever had the make/model and a manual
            of either. Greater men made it all go, and I just massaged the data
            spewing out of it.

            Jim said "good ol days" but it feels like the dark ages, doesn't it?

            I've got a lot going on this week... and a bad left forearm from too
            much fun one of the last summer sessions; I might not make fall
            sailing this year.

            On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:
            I sent him an email to have him call me and walk him through.
            I'm planning to be up there tomorrow morning if we can't get the weather station up today.

            On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Tom von Alten <tva@...> wrote:
            Key is in the gutter (I think) or eave just around the corner left of the door. Jim and Chris have had their hand on it more than me.

            On Sep 27, 2017 6:48 AM, "Will Hise" <will.hise@...> wrote:
            First things first. How do I get in the little building?

            On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 11:38 PM Tom von Alten <tva@...> wrote:
            Um, make it go?

            Jim was the one on site today, and can tell you what all he did.
            I'm shooting in the dark. I did dig out my one-page documentation
            and shared it with Jim. Attached.

            On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:
            Looks like the sensor never came back up. Last reading at 10am. I’m planning on heading up in the morning, is there anything I can do?