Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Morning wind

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 27, 2012
      Stomach flu went thru me Monday to Wednesday ... Hope I'm clear now but lost a quick 7 lbs.

      Eddy

      On Sep 27, 2012, at 9:05 AM, "robbnukebruce" <robbnukebruce@...> wrote:

      Looks like a great morning up there. I'd be there if I wasn't out of commission physically. Have fun..

      Bruce

      > Yes cheers to Chris for making the meter work so awesome!!!
      >
      > And another thanks to Tom for adding it to the super site!!!
      >
      > I love the one stop shop.
      >
      > Eddy
      >

      > On Sep 26, 2012, at 8:57 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:
      >
      > > Lol good point. Can't believe the end is here. Thank you for taking care of the eddy meter.
      > >
      > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
      > > From: "Chris Lee" <chris133@...>
      > > Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      > > Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:35:44 -0600
      > > To: 'RUSTY HILL'<rustyshill@...>; 'Snowkiteidaho'<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>; 'Boise Sailors'<BoiseSailors@...>
      > > ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [BSA] Morning wind
      > >

      > > I wish I could but I'm pretty much done for the season. Next three mornings
      > > look pretty promising and hope you guys have some good sessions.
      > >
      > > BTW, looks like the outside temperature sensor is not reporting. However,
      > > since it's not stopping the report of wind speed, I'm not going to bother
      > > with it especially it's close to the end. Besides, once it hit the 40s, you
      > > don't really want to know the exact temp anyway... :-)
      > >
      > > Chris.

    • Jim Tighe
      Message 2 of 22 , May 21, 2013

        Very windy but cold.  18-22 at spillway just after 7 am.  Bruce n Chris Lee were ripping.  5.2 & 5.5.  I sailed a 5.2.  Jon and our leader Rusty were flying pretty high.  Very short session for me but kiters were going strong as I left.
        Might still be blowing.  I might head back.

      • Chris Lee
        Message 3 of 22 , May 21, 2013
          For some reason, my previous email didn't go through...
          I was suggesting to go to LL before it start switching to NW.  If you are not there already, it may be a little late... will probably start slowly back off and switch to NW late this afternoon/early evening.

          On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

          Very windy but cold.  18-22 at spillway just after 7 am.  Bruce n Chris Lee were ripping.  5.2 & 5.5.  I sailed a 5.2.  Jon and our leader Rusty were flying pretty high.  Very short session for me but kiters were going strong as I left.
          Might still be blowing.  I might head back.

          --
          Best regards,

          Chris Lee
        • Jim Tighe
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 10, 2013

            Pretty good morning 7:45-9:50. half way thru 8 came in for the go board. Chris n Bruce are out then Jason n Jon joined. The kiters milked the last of the wind. The sheriff showed up n hung around for quite awhile. Maybe again tomorrow.

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 10, 2013

              Pretty ‘weak sauce’ today.  Windsurfers used up all the ‘good’ wind before Jon and I could hit the water about 8:20.  I think I had two jumps and a backroll.  Otherwise, I was a little better than mowing the lawn.  Not complaining.  The water, air, sunshine, and scenery were stellar.  Jon made it to ‘beef butte’.  I almost… Just not enough there for much else.

              Maybe tomorrow.

              -JBrick

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 26, 2016
                Headed up to the lake.

                Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
              • Chris Lee

                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 27, 2016
                    Headed to the lake

                    Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
                  • Gregory Danley
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 27, 2016
                      Cya there

                      Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

                      Headed to the lake

                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 27, 2016
                            This morning was a foil borders wet dream. Light wind steady and smooth. I flew my 14 meter and made it work just fine only because it was so steady and smooth. Jet ski Dave was out first then Greg myself and and Tom caviani . Jim showed up but decided it wasn't windy enough to windsurf. We launched from the boat dock because the wind was so North. No hiking today

                            Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
                            Headed to the lake

                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 26
                                  Wunderground does a tidier job of reporting null than my scripting, it seems.
                                  Looking at the history there, I see that we lost the temp, dewpt and rh afternoon of the 24th.

                                  4:04 PM 64.8 °F 30.9 °F 28 % ...
                                  4:39 PM    -- °F -- °F -- % ...

                                  while the wind and baro readings kept going. Odd. Could be the batteries
                                  on the instrument getting weak? Not likely related to the comm channel, but I suppose
                                  it could be.

                                  Tom

                                  On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:
                                  wow that is just a little too cold for me.  I will go up and reset the hot spot .  not sure if that will fix the temp issue but will see if there is another issue causing a weird reading.

                                  On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                                  Looks a little light, but more concerning is the fact the temperature is below absolute zero up there.  :-0

                                  I didn’t think that was possible.