Morning wind

  • RUSTY HILL
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012
      It looks like tomorrow morning could work... Anyone planing on going up?

      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated
      www.SkyBluePhotos.com
      (208) 891-7744
    • Chris Lee
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012
        I wish I could but I'm pretty much done for the season. Next three mornings
        look pretty promising and hope you guys have some good sessions.

        BTW, looks like the outside temperature sensor is not reporting. However,
        since it's not stopping the report of wind speed, I'm not going to bother
        with it especially it's close to the end. Besides, once it hit the 40s, you
        don't really want to know the exact temp anyway... :-)

        Chris.

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012
          I will get up and look , could be a good one
          Steve L.

          To: rustyshill@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; BoiseSailors@...

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012

            I am leaving town tomorrow but if it is going to blow I will leave after our morning session.  See you there if its over 15.  My trip is to Moscow, Spokane, Yakima, HOOD RIVER and back.  Will stay in HR a couple of days if it is Sailable.  But never lv wind to find wind, so LP tomorrow before the drive starts.

            James R. Tighe

            5420 W State St.

            Boise, Idaho 83703

            208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

            jim@...

            www.gemstategymnastics.com

            To: rustyshill@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; BoiseSailors@...

          • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012
              Lol good point. Can't believe the end is here. Thank you for taking care of the eddy meter.
              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              From: "Chris Lee" <chris133@...>
              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:35:44 -0600
              To: 'RUSTY HILL'<rustyshill@...>; 'Snowkiteidaho'<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>; 'Boise Sailors'<BoiseSailors@...>
              ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012
                Yes cheers to Chris for making the meter work so awesome!!!

                And another thanks to Tom for adding it to the super site!!!

                I love the one stop shop.

                Eddy

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 27, 2012
                  Looks like a great morning up there. I'd be there if I wasn't out of commission physically. Have fun..

                  Bruce

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 27, 2012
                    Stomach flu went thru me Monday to Wednesday ... Hope I'm clear now but lost a quick 7 lbs.

                    Eddy

                    On Sep 27, 2012, at 9:05 AM, "robbnukebruce" <robbnukebruce@...> wrote:

                    Looks like a great morning up there. I'd be there if I wasn't out of commission physically. Have fun..

                    Bruce

                    > Yes cheers to Chris for making the meter work so awesome!!!
                    >
                    > And another thanks to Tom for adding it to the super site!!!
                    >
                    > I love the one stop shop.
                    >
                    > Eddy
                    >

                    > On Sep 26, 2012, at 8:57 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > Lol good point. Can't believe the end is here. Thank you for taking care of the eddy meter.
                    > >
                    > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
                    > > From: "Chris Lee" <chris133@...>
                    > > Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    > > Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:35:44 -0600
                    > > To: 'RUSTY HILL'<rustyshill@...>; 'Snowkiteidaho'<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>; 'Boise Sailors'<BoiseSailors@...>
                    > > ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [BSA] Morning wind
                    > >

                    > > I wish I could but I'm pretty much done for the season. Next three mornings
                    > > look pretty promising and hope you guys have some good sessions.
                    > >
                    > > BTW, looks like the outside temperature sensor is not reporting. However,
                    > > since it's not stopping the report of wind speed, I'm not going to bother
                    > > with it especially it's close to the end. Besides, once it hit the 40s, you
                    > > don't really want to know the exact temp anyway... :-)
                    > >
                    > > Chris.

                  • Jim Tighe
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 21, 2013

                      Very windy but cold.  18-22 at spillway just after 7 am.  Bruce n Chris Lee were ripping.  5.2 & 5.5.  I sailed a 5.2.  Jon and our leader Rusty were flying pretty high.  Very short session for me but kiters were going strong as I left.
                      Might still be blowing.  I might head back.

                    • Chris Lee
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 21, 2013
                        For some reason, my previous email didn't go through...
                        I was suggesting to go to LL before it start switching to NW.  If you are not there already, it may be a little late... will probably start slowly back off and switch to NW late this afternoon/early evening.

                        On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

                        Very windy but cold.  18-22 at spillway just after 7 am.  Bruce n Chris Lee were ripping.  5.2 & 5.5.  I sailed a 5.2.  Jon and our leader Rusty were flying pretty high.  Very short session for me but kiters were going strong as I left.
                        Might still be blowing.  I might head back.

                        --
                        Best regards,

                        Chris Lee
                      • Jim Tighe
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 10, 2013

                          Pretty good morning 7:45-9:50. half way thru 8 came in for the go board. Chris n Bruce are out then Jason n Jon joined. The kiters milked the last of the wind. The sheriff showed up n hung around for quite awhile. Maybe again tomorrow.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 10, 2013

                            Pretty ‘weak sauce’ today.  Windsurfers used up all the ‘good’ wind before Jon and I could hit the water about 8:20.  I think I had two jumps and a backroll.  Otherwise, I was a little better than mowing the lawn.  Not complaining.  The water, air, sunshine, and scenery were stellar.  Jon made it to ‘beef butte’.  I almost… Just not enough there for much else.

                            Maybe tomorrow.

                            -JBrick

                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 26, 2016
                              Headed up to the lake.

                              Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
                            • Chris Lee

                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 27, 2016
                                  Headed to the lake

                                  Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
                                • Gregory Danley
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Oct 27, 2016
                                    Cya there

                                    Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

                                    Headed to the lake

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Oct 27, 2016
                                          This morning was a foil borders wet dream. Light wind steady and smooth. I flew my 14 meter and made it work just fine only because it was so steady and smooth. Jet ski Dave was out first then Greg myself and and Tom caviani . Jim showed up but decided it wasn't windy enough to windsurf. We launched from the boat dock because the wind was so North. No hiking today

                                          Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
                                          Headed to the lake

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Sep 26
                                                Wunderground does a tidier job of reporting null than my scripting, it seems.
                                                Looking at the history there, I see that we lost the temp, dewpt and rh afternoon of the 24th.

                                                4:04 PM 64.8 °F 30.9 °F 28 % ...
                                                4:39 PM    -- °F -- °F -- % ...

                                                while the wind and baro readings kept going. Odd. Could be the batteries
                                                on the instrument getting weak? Not likely related to the comm channel, but I suppose
                                                it could be.

                                                Tom

                                                On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:
                                                wow that is just a little too cold for me.  I will go up and reset the hot spot .  not sure if that will fix the temp issue but will see if there is another issue causing a weird reading.

                                                On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                                                Looks a little light, but more concerning is the fact the temperature is below absolute zero up there.  :-0

                                                I didn’t think that was possible.