RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] A morning wind classic

  • Chris Lee
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012

      Hmm… you must have driven by the Wall/Rufus after we left…

      I was wishing for more wind with my 4.5 and eventually quit around 4:00 p.m.

      It may have picked up after we left…

      Best regards,

      Chris Lee.

      From: jasonbrickner@...
      Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 09:15:03 -0700
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] A morning wind classic

      I'm driving back from Portland today and I have my gear. I may stop at Rufus or Three Mile if it's not blowing 30+. I need to pickup a 7m one of these days.

      Regards,

      -Jason Brickner

      Olympus Controls

      (208)-475-4670

      On Sep 9, 2012, at 6:40 AM, "Chris Lee" <chris133@...> wrote:

      Boy, I missed the evening session but we did have a pretty good steak dinner with nice sunset!

      Where will you be sailing today?  We’ll probably going to the Wall as it’s blowing 24G29 at John Day already.  It’s blowing 25G34 at Roosevelt.

      Best regards,

      Chris Lee.

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2012

        You guys are ‘manly men’.  You were wishing for more wind?!!?!?!  I would have been blown off the water.

        Here is the windmeter at John Day Damn…. Right near Rufus and the Wall.  I drive by around 6:00PM.  There were a couple small kites and a couple windsurfers at the wall.

[...]

        (%)

        (mph)

        09 Sep 4:00 pm

        72

        41

        32

        33G40

        948.86

        OK

        09 Sep 3:55 pm

        72

        41

        32

        32G40

        948.86

        OK

        09 Sep 3:50 pm

        72

        40

        32

        31G40

        948.86

        OK

        09 Sep 3:45 pm

        72

        40

        32

        34G41

        948.90

        OK

        09 Sep 3:40 pm

        72

        40

        32

        32G41

        949.00

        OK

        09 Sep 3:35 pm

        72

        40

        31

        33G39

        949.03

        OK

        09 Sep 3:30 pm

        72

        39

        30

        32G39

        949.03

        OK

        09 Sep 3:25 pm

        72

        38

        29

        WNW

        33G41

        949.07

        OK

        09 Sep 3:20 pm

        73

        38

        29

        32G41

        949.10

        OK

        09 Sep 3:15 pm

        73

        37

        28

        31G39

        949.17

        OK

        09 Sep 3:10 pm

        73

        37

        27

        WNW

        33G44

        To: chris133@...
        CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2012
          No, I'm not that good!  :-)

          Looks like it picked up after we left and peaked when you drove pass. I would have probably got blown out of the water if we stayed.

          We are trying another Wall session with the drive home today.

          Best regards,
          Chris Lee

          On Sep 10, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

          You guys are ‘manly men’.  You were wishing for more wind?!!?!?!  I would have been blown off the water.

          Here is the windmeter at John Day Damn…. Right near Rufus and the Wall.  I drive by around 6:00PM.  There were a couple small kites and a couple windsurfers at the wall.

          <image001.png>

          To: chris133@...
          CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...