Sunday letdown

  • robbnukebruce
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9 10:21 AM
      Hope all you travelers get some wind on the Columbia River today.

      There were two kinds of sailing/kiting today at LP, slim and none. A couple of us got maybe 15 mins before it dropped early, then it started sprinkling rain. The front must've come through early.
    • Will Hise
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9 12:16 PM
        ah, but the slim was pretty darn fun. Got there late to a peanut gallery watching 2 pole boarders. Rigged anyway knowing that unless windsurfers are on formula boards, I can ride too. 12m and strapless board and I was just fine for about 30-40 minutes. Was powered up once up the canyon. Planned on swimming home and executed that plan. Doesn't matter, I had way more fun than sitting on the beach.

        Heard some thunderclaps as I was packing up.

        The launch/land is getting pretty darn sketchy for kites with the water level so low. If any windy days pop up, I'm putting the hiking shoes on.

        --Will

        On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM, robbnukebruce <robbnukebruce@...> wrote:
        Hope all you travelers get some wind on the Columbia River today.

        There were two kinds of sailing/kiting today at LP, slim and none. A couple of us got maybe 15 mins before it dropped early, then it started sprinkling rain. The front must've come through early.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)