RE: [BSA] A morning wind classic

  • Chris Lee
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012

      Boy, I missed the evening session but we did have a pretty good steak dinner with nice sunset!

      Where will you be sailing today?  We’ll probably going to the Wall as it’s blowing 24G29 at John Day already.  It’s blowing 25G34 at Roosevelt.

      Best regards,

      Chris Lee.

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012
        I'm driving back from Portland today and I have my gear. I may stop at Rufus or Three Mile if it's not blowing 30+. I need to pickup a 7m one of these days.

        Regards,
        -Jason Brickner
        Olympus Controls
        (208)-475-4670

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012
          looks like you guys in the gorge are getting blown off the water . so how was it ?
          Weather Conditions for:
          Roosevelt, WA (BPROO)
          Elev: 1766 ft; Latitude: 45.76464; Longitude: -120.24000

          Current time:Sun, 09 Sep 4:16 pm (PDT)
          Most Recent Observation:Sun, 09 Sep 4:00 pm (PDT)
          TimeTemp.DewRelativeWindWindStationQuality
          PointHumidityDirectionSpeedPressureControl
          (PDT)(f)(f)(%)(mph)
          09 Sep 4:00 pm724132W33G40948.86OK
          09 Sep 3:55 pm724132W32G40948.86OK
          09 Sep 3:50 pm724032W31G40948.86OK
          09 Sep 3:45 pm724032W34G41948.90OK
          09 Sep 3:40 pm724032W32G41949.00OK
          09 Sep 3:35 pm724031W33G39949.03OK
          09 Sep 3:30 pm723930W32G39949.03OK
          09 Sep 3:25 pm723829WNW33G41949.07OK
          09 Sep 3:20 pm733829W32G41949.10OK
          09 Sep 3:15 pm733728W31G39949.17OK
          09 Sep 3:10 pm733727WNW33G44

          To: chris133@...
          CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012
            Forget the 7m. I would have needed a 5m. Too much. Even three mile and boardman are nuking. Had to pass. HR looked good but spent too much time in PDX this morning. How does LP look this week?  Is Barclay done?

            Regards,
            -Jason Brickner
            Olympus Controls
            (208)-475-4670

            To: chris133@...
            CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012
              We have a better chanced of afternoon wind then morning wind for the foreseeable future . by the time morning wind returns only the most sure footed and the supremely lazy will chance the rock walk .

              To: itile@...
              CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; chris133@...; boisesailors@...
              From: jasonbrickner@...
              Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 17:24:26 -0700
              Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] A morning wind classic

              To: chris133@...
              CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012
                We sailed at the Wall from 10 to 4.
                The best was when we first got there. No one but Chris Nichols, Mark Smith and myself. Wind was pretty steady.
                I was on 4.0, Mark on 4.7, Chris was going to try 4.5 but decided with 5.0.
                First 30-45 min was fun and was able to jump both ways.
                Then the wind seems to be more from the north and got really up and down.
                There were a few kiters going through doing downwinders and riding the swells.
                Unfortunately the wind never picked up at the Wall as forecasted.
                I rigged up to 4.5 but the others didn't re-rig.
                We have a pretty mellow session.
                Driving back to White Salmon, it was blasting at Celilo and Avery. 4.0 might work but probably 3.5.
                Sounds like Arlington would have been the call today but didn't want to drive that extra distance.

                Best regards,
                Chris Lee

                To: chris133@...
                CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 9, 2012

                  Hmm… you must have driven by the Wall/Rufus after we left…

                  I was wishing for more wind with my 4.5 and eventually quit around 4:00 p.m.

                  It may have picked up after we left…

                  Best regards,

                  Chris Lee.

[...]

                  (%)

                  (mph)

                  09 Sep 4:00 pm

                  72

                  41

                  32

                  33G40

                  948.86

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:55 pm

                  72

                  41

                  32

                  32G40

                  948.86

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:50 pm

                  72

                  40

                  32

                  31G40

                  948.86

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:45 pm

                  72

                  40

                  32

                  34G41

                  948.90

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:40 pm

                  72

                  40

                  32

                  32G41

                  949.00

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:35 pm

                  72

                  40

                  31

                  33G39

                  949.03

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:30 pm

                  72

                  39

                  30

                  32G39

                  949.03

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:25 pm

                  72

                  38

                  29

                  WNW

                  33G41

                  949.07

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:20 pm

                  73

                  38

                  29

                  32G41

                  949.10

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:15 pm

                  73

                  37

                  28

                  31G39

                  949.17

                  OK

                  09 Sep 3:10 pm

                  73

                  37

                  27

                  WNW

                  33G44

                  To: chris133@...
                  CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 10, 2012

                    You guys are ‘manly men’.  You were wishing for more wind?!!?!?!  I would have been blown off the water.

                    Here is the windmeter at John Day Damn…. Right near Rufus and the Wall.  I drive by around 6:00PM.  There were a couple small kites and a couple windsurfers at the wall.

                    To: chris133@...
                    CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 10, 2012
                      No, I'm not that good!  :-)

                      Looks like it picked up after we left and peaked when you drove pass. I would have probably got blown out of the water if we stayed.

                      We are trying another Wall session with the drive home today.

                      Best regards,
                      Chris Lee

                      On Sep 10, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                      You guys are ‘manly men’.  You were wishing for more wind?!!?!?!  I would have been blown off the water.

                      Here is the windmeter at John Day Damn…. Right near Rufus and the Wall.  I drive by around 6:00PM.  There were a couple small kites and a couple windsurfers at the wall.

                      <image001.png>

                      To: chris133@...
                      CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...