Lp

  • Jim Tighe
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 5, 2012
      Tony just got off the water. Claims its blowing 20 in the channel. Jon B is setting up his kite trying to shame me into joining him. It really is looking OK so I guess I'm here might as well. Might get in some noodling!
    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 5, 2012
        On the 13m and small board and fully lit.  It was a really good day and I even had to depower the kite for 30 min when it was blowing mid 20's.  Definately stronger then what the meter was saying.  Was fun having the lake to myself. Not even any windsurfers to lookout for.  Had such a good time I stayed a little longer then usual and got to work a bit late, but it was worth it.  Water level dropping fast, get it while you can.

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 5, 2012
          Good looking weekend hope fully level is still suffice to use Barclay Beach.

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 20, 2012
            Larry was paddle boarding n Bruce was sailing nicely powered up when I arrived. So I hustled n rigged, big of course as it always gets lighter. Eddy powered out of Turners but that was all the powering he did. As I got on the waterit was already on the downward slide. Sailed until both eddy n Bruce left the water. Had an equipment malfunction , foot strap screw came out so decided that was an omen to get off. Caught a surge all the way into Barclays by the water pipe.nice beach.
            Jon bolt showed up but he is still nursing a cold n thought better of the light wind. Eddy was on his 17 m n was just ok. Good call Jon . Still it was fun. Maybe better tomorrow !

            Sent from my iPad
            Jim Tighe
            GSGA/TGS
          • Jim Tighe
            Message 5 of 22 , May 27, 2013

              Drove up to lp this morning about 7:30.  Very pretty drive but absolutely zero wind.  Happy Memorial Day to all.  Hope to see many this wed at our house for the springmeeting bbq.  Jim

              Jim Tighe  GSGA & Tighe Gym Sales

            • Jim Tighe
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 2, 2013

                From what the meter reads it is blowing nw which is really see???? Still 20's r good any direction so I am leaving house now. Cu all there

              • Jim Tighe
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 28, 2013

                  The lake just didn't happen. The meter was pretty spot on. Not very consistent. OK at time s but big lulls. Watched for a bit listened to my book. Lots of cars at 7 & schools in . watch the zones.

                • Jim Tighe
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 31, 2013

                    Wow could be a fantastic day.   A jump jim day, ,,, not.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013

                      Great sunrise. Anyone heading up? How's it look near the lake, Stepheno?

                    • RUSTY HILL
                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013
                        So I stumbled upon this video this evening…I thought this might get the snow kiting excitement going.  I feel like I trust my gear, but not as much as this guy. Take a look

                        RUSTY HILL
                        rustyshill@...

                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013
                          yes it is amazing  and it looks like there is very little wind , how did he do that

                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013
                            jez... get a paraglider! I would not do that with only 4 lines.

                            I wonder if he had a parachute. Or maybe he didn't mean to go that high?