Re: Lp

  • robbnukebruce
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 5, 2012
      Thanks, Jim..I'll save it for tomorrow.

      Bruce

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

      > One kite, Tony? on water n one larry paddle boarding. Lots of birds fishing. Looks to be a min of 7.5 sail, no white caps showing up. The black n white kite is dipping up n down quite a bit then steady's out. He is up to the overlook now still working the kite. Jon b just pulled in. Not a lot but maybe???

    • Jim Tighe
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 5, 2012
        Tony just got off the water. Claims its blowing 20 in the channel. Jon B is setting up his kite trying to shame me into joining him. It really is looking OK so I guess I'm here might as well. Might get in some noodling!
      • tony williams
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 5, 2012
          On the 13m and small board and fully lit.  It was a really good day and I even had to depower the kite for 30 min when it was blowing mid 20's.  Definately stronger then what the meter was saying.  Was fun having the lake to myself. Not even any windsurfers to lookout for.  Had such a good time I stayed a little longer then usual and got to work a bit late, but it was worth it.  Water level dropping fast, get it while you can.

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 5, 2012
            Good looking weekend hope fully level is still suffice to use Barclay Beach.

            Eddy

            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 20, 2012
              Larry was paddle boarding n Bruce was sailing nicely powered up when I arrived. So I hustled n rigged, big of course as it always gets lighter. Eddy powered out of Turners but that was all the powering he did. As I got on the waterit was already on the downward slide. Sailed until both eddy n Bruce left the water. Had an equipment malfunction , foot strap screw came out so decided that was an omen to get off. Caught a surge all the way into Barclays by the water pipe.nice beach.
              Jon bolt showed up but he is still nursing a cold n thought better of the light wind. Eddy was on his 17 m n was just ok. Good call Jon . Still it was fun. Maybe better tomorrow !

              Sent from my iPad
              Jim Tighe
              GSGA/TGS
            • Jim Tighe
              Message 6 of 22 , May 27, 2013

                Drove up to lp this morning about 7:30.  Very pretty drive but absolutely zero wind.  Happy Memorial Day to all.  Hope to see many this wed at our house for the springmeeting bbq.  Jim

                Jim Tighe  GSGA & Tighe Gym Sales

              • Jim Tighe
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 2, 2013

                  From what the meter reads it is blowing nw which is really see???? Still 20's r good any direction so I am leaving house now. Cu all there

                • Jim Tighe
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 28, 2013

                    The lake just didn't happen. The meter was pretty spot on. Not very consistent. OK at time s but big lulls. Watched for a bit listened to my book. Lots of cars at 7 & schools in . watch the zones.

                  • Jim Tighe
                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 31, 2013

                      Wow could be a fantastic day.   A jump jim day, ,,, not.

                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013

                        Great sunrise. Anyone heading up? How's it look near the lake, Stepheno?

                      • RUSTY HILL
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013
                          So I stumbled upon this video this evening…I thought this might get the snow kiting excitement going.  I feel like I trust my gear, but not as much as this guy. Take a look

                          RUSTY HILL
                          rustyshill@...

                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013
                            yes it is amazing  and it looks like there is very little wind , how did he do that

                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 12, 2013
                              jez... get a paraglider! I would not do that with only 4 lines.

                              I wonder if he had a parachute. Or maybe he didn't mean to go that high?