Monday AM & fish noodlin'

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 11:28 AM
      Medium strong but sputtering...like someone said...lumpy gravy.

      But hey, here's my new kite trick: one handed Kokanee noodlin' !  Just upwind of overlook, looking down during jump & see what looks like red cap or something just under the water tryin' to float.  Land the jump & backup sloiwly to find the red thing, & there's this big fatty bright red Kokanee perfectly still almost on surface.  I approach & he doesn't move, so reach down & noodle him around midsection & got'em!   He comes to life & wiggles loose.  I suppose that's why noodlers grab'em by the mouth!  I prefer Kokanee Ale anyway.  But the Kokanee are schooling for spawn...that's why all the fishermen standing around the corner of Barclay Bay the other side of the short dock.