Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Tue

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 28, 2012
      Pretty nice morning...definitely better than I thought it'd be, based on numbers @ 6:15am.  I on 11.5, Jack on 11 or 12 I think, Eddy came late on 17, but 11.5 definitely worked entire time.  Nice quality wind, not rippin' strong but strong enough & pretty smooth.  Nice stuff for tryin' any trick you want, and ok boostamante too.  Sustained lull came through when Jack came in, but it came back nicely after a bit.  9:30 still looked kiteable on 11.5 and fully filled in.

      Jon

      On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM, William Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:

      Thanks for all the info.  Glad you all got some.  Love the chart, although it looks holey too.

      On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      Today seems to be one of those classic morning wind but can definitely use a bit more wind.  :-)

      I started playing around with the wind data and plotted this graph from 5-10 this morning: http://myweb.cableone.net/leelinfat/VWS/

      I sailed from about 7 to almost 8:30.

      With just today's data and what I remembered how it felt on the water, it seems:
      1. The 18 mph threshold is probably my go-no threshold.
      2. The gusts is more indicative what's happening in the channel.
      3. Probably could have stay till 9:20 if I didn't have to work.

      On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      I was super late ... Well 8:30ish

      Launch 17 and took off from beach and played for 45mins.  Only left for work.  Jon quit just for a kite catch but it was still blowing good at 9:30 as I drive over the Dam.  I love a Quicky!!!

      Smoke was not horrible, but it was there.  Something in water has my nose stuffy that was not there last week???

      Great time.
      Eddy

      On Aug 28, 2012, at 11:40 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      I wouldn’t have guessed that from the Barclay Bay numbers (Chris Meter).  It looked to be on the very light side and holey.  If it really wasn’t that way on the water, I’ll have to drag my butt out of bed next time.  Maybe the anemometer needs to be lubed. J

      Can one of the kiters comment?

      -JBrick