LP report?

  • Mike Cottingham
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
      Anybody at LP to give report?  Looking weak again.  Steve rules for good wind don't seem to be happening.
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
        Its late and it right on the edge , But I not doing anything so I'm going up for a look

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: macingham13@...
        Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:30:26 -0700
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] LP report?

        Anybody at LP to give report?  Looking weak again.  Steve rules for good wind don't seem to be happening.

      • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
          Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed in :)
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...>
          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
            Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed in :) tomorrow and next few days are looking good.
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
              Glad to hear it, I'm Jones-in for a session.  Monday is my last chance.

              From: Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...>
              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
                Murray and Stefano out about 7:30 light wind when they starter , then Steve and Val then Jon and myself got in a hour and a haft . Its that time of the year for the 8:00 Eddy replay . that's when it kicks back in at 8 and the late arrivals get a hour of smooth wind . add that to the LP history
                Tomorrow and Tuesday looking good . get up and check the Eddy metter

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: itile@...
                Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 08:10:33 -0600

                Its late and it right on the edge , But I not doing anything so I'm going up for a look

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: macingham13@...
                Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:30:26 -0700

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
                  Thanks for the report and the education (kiting weather 101), Steve.

                  -Mike

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: itile@...
                  Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 08:10:33 -0600

                  Its late and it right on the edge , But I not doing anything so I'm going up for a look

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: macingham13@...
                  Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:30:26 -0700

                  Anybody at LP to give report?  Looking weak again.  Steve rules for good wind don't seem to be happening.

                • robbnukebruce
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 19, 2012
                    My favorite rule is this quote from Steve:
                    "I have seen all of these forecast rules brocken and it still blows and I have seen all of them in place and got skunked ."

                    Absolutely true. If you only go up on the 'best forecast'days, you'll miss out on some unexpectedly good ones, but you will get skunked more often. There's a lotta 'Luck' in Lucky Peak Res.
                    Bruce