Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Saturday

  • Will Hise
    Message 1 of 146 , Aug 3, 2012
      My stuff is always at work. Hit me up if you go today!

      --Will

      On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM, jwattboi <jwattboi@...> wrote:
      I brought my stuff to work in case it comes up this afternoon.  I hope it does.  If not it looks like LP may work Saturday.

      Jason

      > look at the wind in mountain home right now and the forecast for tomorrow is more afternoon wind
      >

      > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
      > From: itile@...
      > Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 08:26:56 -0600
      > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday
      >

      > LP shaping up for wind on Saturday , worth getting up early and checking the Chris Lee meter

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          snowkiteidaho-digest@yahoogroups.com
          snowkiteidaho-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Jake Dobson
      Message 146 of 146 , Apr 19
        I was on the water from 2:00 - 4:00pm.  Still strong when I left.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Apr 18, 2015, at 9:20 PM, "Will Hise will.hise@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Jake- what time were you on the water at Lowell?

        Steve/Tony- what time were you guys on the water at CJ?

        I'm surprised to hear Lowell was smooth.
        Curious about CJ's conditions.

        I have found this year that River tends to follow the curve of the Grand View sensor with a few mph more than the avg there. This graph looks good for today's changes between 12 and 5:30. Mtn Home AFB looks a little bit more correct for wind speed ballpark, but it is deceiving as it was not that steady and it doesn't show the change from 9m lit to 7m lit throughout the day. The gusts look right though. :)   Averaging the two sensors (with a little taste of the IDARNG3_RG26 ID sensor out in the middle of the valley) seems to give a pretty good idea of the River.

        <Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 9.09.12 PM.png>
        <Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 9.12.52 PM.png>
        ​Does anyone think LP might work in the morning? Charts are showing the right direction at the right time, but today's wind was a bit stronger than what I think of as a pre-LP day.

        Glad so many people FINALLY decided to join Jason and me on the water today! It's been this good since mid Feb. and we were getting lonely. So fun to kite with others today.

        --Will

        On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Jon Bolt idakiteman@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        ...Will...he kited at Lake Lowell...evidently shortest drive & smoothest wind today...but not 7m by any means...

        On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Will Hise will.hise@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Jake, where did you kite?

        On Saturday, April 18, 2015, Jake Dobson jakedobson80@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I was on my 11m.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 18, 2015, at 6:38 PM, "'Steve Linane' itile@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Jake , what size kite were you flying ? Tony and I went to CJ tony flew his smallest a 9m I on my 7m
        Steve Linane

        Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2015 6:13 PM
        Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

        Gotts Point.  Kited upwind to the boat dock.  Water felt good and smelled clean.  No taste test though.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 18, 2015, at 5:57 PM, "Jon Bolt idakiteman@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        youdaman, Jake!  Gotts Point?

        On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Jake Dobson jakedobson80@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Solid 2 hrs at Lake Lowell.  Very little gust or holes, but sadly kited all alone.

        Jake

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 18, 2015, at 3:26 PM, "Gear Daddy LLC geardaddyllc@... [snowkiteidaho]" <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        2hrs solid 10m. A few big jumps Fun