Cascade

  • William Binegar
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 1, 2012
      40 minute session on the 17 at Cascade. Lots of fun.
    • Josh Woodland
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 1, 2012

        Where did you launch and land?

        Josh

        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 1, 2012
          You are not missing anything down here.  But I do want my 17 back :-)

          Also, looks like a little better wind for you tomorrow.  Get some monster air...just stay relaxed and keep kite over head until you land 10 mins later!!!!

          Eddy

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 11, 2013
                  I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.
                  Message 9 of 25 , Jul 11, 2013
                    Billy G....you must be celebrity up there, huh?

                    On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:

                    [Attachment(s) from Bill Binegar included below]

                    I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                  • Bill Binegar

                      Message 11 of 25 , Jul 20, 2013
                        Where's the launcing place in cascade? Is it big and safe enough to launch-land a 19m flysurfer speed3?

                        Message 12 of 25 , Jul 20, 2013
                          Stefano, Bill Binegar knows best...he's up there every weekend, probably this weekend too.  If someone has his phone number they should email it to you so you can call him.  He'd be looking for a kiting buddy up there.  His email: billyg2477@...

                          I've launched at one of the campgrounds on the northwest end of the reservoir.  I think it was Poison Creek or Amanita, or one of those (there are about 4 in a row along that stretch...just drive by & look for a grassy area big enough to launch).  Have to go to Donnelly, turn left toward West Mountain, then south when you come to the T in the road.  That road goes by Tamarack and parallels the reservoir.  Bill has a launch somewhere on south end I think.

                          Two things to watch out for.  #1 thunderclouds forming over west mountain...they can send some NASTY winds down the slopes onto the lakes.  Be careful during hottest part of summer.  Watch the water for wind big squalls coming your way.  #2: the wind can quit SUDDENLY up there.  Don't go out farther than you care to swim w/ a limp & heavy foil!!.  I'm speaking from experience.

                          On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM, stefanoortelli <sortelli@...> wrote:

                          Where's the launcing place in cascade? Is it big and safe enough to launch-land a 19m flysurfer speed3?

                          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@...> wrote:

                          > I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.
                          >

                          > Sent from my iPhone

                        • Brian
                          Message 13 of 25 , Jul 20, 2013
                            Best wind and best launch IMHO is 2 miles south of the cascade golf course. The lake narrows down a bit creating a bit of a venturi effect but the reality is that the wind is very up and down unless there is a southern frontal wind or a northern flow after a front has passed.
                            ~1.8 miles south of the golf course is a campground and new picnic pavilion at a broad sandy point/beach. There is good parking and easy access. Good luck. let me know how you do. I have always thught that a big flysurfer kite would be just the ticket for Cascade.

                            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

                            > Where's the launcing place in cascade? Is it big and safe enough to launch-land a 19m flysurfer speed3?
                            >
                            > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.
                            > >

                            > > Sent from my iPhone

                          • Brian
                            Message 14 of 25 , Jul 20, 2013
                              By the Way, this is the location where the Southern Idaho Sailing association holds its twice a year regatta. You will often see a hobie cat or two on this beach as well.

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bkerrmd@...> wrote:

                              > Best wind and best launch IMHO is 2 miles south of the cascade golf course. The lake narrows down a bit creating a bit of a venturi effect but the reality is that the wind is very up and down unless there is a southern frontal wind or a northern flow after a front has passed.
                              > ~1.8 miles south of the golf course is a campground and new picnic pavilion at a broad sandy point/beach. There is good parking and easy access. Good luck. let me know how you do. I have always thught that a big flysurfer kite would be just the ticket for Cascade.
                              >
                              > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Where's the launcing place in cascade? Is it big and safe enough to launch-land a 19m flysurfer speed3?
                              > >
                              > > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.
                              > > >

                              > > > Sent from my iPhone

                            • Bill Binegar
                              Message 15 of 25 , Jul 20, 2013
                                Brian is absolutely right. Feel free to call Or text me though if in Cascade area. My phone number is 724-5029.  I am 10 miles north of the town of Cascade. I have a nice beach to launch from. On the weekends like today there were five boats and I don't know how many people on it. It rarely blows though. However if you only need 12 the 14 miles an hour that is fairly common. Signing off Billy G

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                On Jul 20, 2013, at 5:54 PM, "Brian" <bkerrmd@...> wrote:

                                By the Way, this is the location where the Southern Idaho Sailing association holds its twice a year regatta. You will often see a hobie cat or two on this beach as well.

                                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bkerrmd@...> wrote:

                                > Best wind and best launch IMHO is 2 miles south of the cascade golf course. The lake narrows down a bit creating a bit of a venturi effect but the reality is that the wind is very up and down unless there is a southern frontal wind or a northern flow after a front has passed.
                                > ~1.8 miles south of the golf course is a campground and new picnic pavilion at a broad sandy point/beach. There is good parking and easy access. Good luck. let me know how you do. I have always thught that a big flysurfer kite would be just the ticket for Cascade.
                                >
                                > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Where's the launcing place in cascade? Is it big and safe enough to launch-land a 19m flysurfer speed3?
                                > >
                                > > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Bill Binegar <billyg2477@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I got two solid hours in today at Cascade. Started on my 12 and then had to move up to the 17 m. Good day in all.
                                > > >

                                > > > Sent from my iPhone

                              • stefanoortelli
                                Message 16 of 25 , Jul 20, 2013
                                  Thanks, 12-14 mph is exactly right for my flysurfer. It also need big clean beach. Now that I know it might work, I'll definitively plan a visit to Cascade, and give you a call. Thanks for all the feedbacks