Re: [snowkiteidaho] Manzo

  • Tonyswilliams
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 21, 2012
      We r staying at Lyle with mike z tonight hitting Lyle and 3 mile tomorrow on way home

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 21, 2012, at 2:17 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Jbrick
      I'm headed over with Rusty Monday , I'm guessing you will be gone by then  ??. Tony how long are you and Gavin staying ? We are probably going to end up at Lyle
      Steve

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: tonyswilliams@...
      Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:39:09 -0700
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Manzo

      Gavin and I at Rosevelt.

      Big wind small kites from dawn to dusk yesterday with wind surfers on 3.7 and 70 literboards.  Me lit on 8.5.
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 20, 2012, at 6:49 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      So only 2 hrs kiting at Manzo this week.  11m perfect wind with above average swell. Too bad there wasn't more. Hope to hit the gorge this weekend. Anyone in the area?  Mike?

      -jbrick

      Regards,
      -Jason Brickner
      (208)-475-4670

      On Jul 20, 2012, at 4:36 PM, "steve linane" <itile@...> wrote:

       Josh
      all the indicators say no , but that wont stop me from getting up at 5:30 to check the wind
      Steve

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: woodland.josh@...
      Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday Morning

      Anyone think there's any chance for a good Saturday morning?
      Josh

      =

      =
    • Jack

        From: woodland.josh@...
        Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600

      • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 23, 2012
          Classic day on sunday. Mid 20's in AM. Mid 30's in PM. Nice little rollers punctuated by the occasional set of hollow troughs and cresting tops. So nice to see some of the Boise crew there; Tony, Gavin, Charlie and Betsy. We're so lucky to be only 5hrs away!
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:49:31 -0700
          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Manzo

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: woodland.josh@...
          Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 23, 2012
            Wondering how you all held it together in the mid-thirties?  My nine was completely depower at Rufus and I was in survival mode at the end. Do you guys have 7m kites?

            Regards,
            -Jason Brickner
            Olympus Controls
            (208)-475-4670

            From: woodland.josh@...
            Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600

            Anyone think there's any chance for a good Saturday morning?
            Josh

          • Jason Mac
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 24, 2012
              Yo JBrick,

              Simply surviving was the order of the day for us @ Rufus. I lost my board upwind at the Wall, couldn't recover it and porpoise chest-bumped all the way back to the launch at 30mph. Sore belly and beans the next day. Hood was the same with mid-30's on a 9m mostly depowered. Chrizzo & Ryo were on 8.5's so and were super-lit. Its amazing when locals are boosting 50+ in such conditions and us weekend warriors are hanging on for dear life!

              Helluva time out there, can't wait for labor day to do it again!