Re: [snowkiteidaho] Manzo

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 21, 2012
      Penny and I are at Roosevelt. No action here  Tony and Gavin headed to Hood

      Jack Harrison/HyQual
      208.861.1654

      On Jul 20, 2012, at 6:49 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      So only 2 hrs kiting at Manzo this week.  11m perfect wind with above average swell. Too bad there wasn't more. Hope to hit the gorge this weekend. Anyone in the area?  Mike?

      -jbrick

      Regards,
      -Jason Brickner
      (208)-475-4670

      On Jul 20, 2012, at 4:36 PM, "steve linane" <itile@...> wrote:

       Josh
      all the indicators say no , but that wont stop me from getting up at 5:30 to check the wind
      Steve

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: woodland.josh@...
      Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday Morning

      Anyone think there's any chance for a good Saturday morning?
      Josh

    • Tonyswilliams
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 21, 2012
        We r staying at Lyle with mike z tonight hitting Lyle and 3 mile tomorrow on way home

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 21, 2012, at 2:17 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

        Jbrick
        I'm headed over with Rusty Monday , I'm guessing you will be gone by then  ??. Tony how long are you and Gavin staying ? We are probably going to end up at Lyle
        Steve

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: tonyswilliams@...
        Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:39:09 -0700
        Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Manzo

        Gavin and I at Rosevelt.

        Big wind small kites from dawn to dusk yesterday with wind surfers on 3.7 and 70 literboards.  Me lit on 8.5.
        Sent from my iPhone

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: woodland.josh@...
        Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600

        Anyone think there's any chance for a good Saturday morning?
        Josh

        =

        =
      • Jack

          From: woodland.josh@...
          Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600

        • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 23, 2012
            Classic day on sunday. Mid 20's in AM. Mid 30's in PM. Nice little rollers punctuated by the occasional set of hollow troughs and cresting tops. So nice to see some of the Boise crew there; Tony, Gavin, Charlie and Betsy. We're so lucky to be only 5hrs away!
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:49:31 -0700
            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Manzo

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: woodland.josh@...
            Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 23, 2012
              Wondering how you all held it together in the mid-thirties?  My nine was completely depower at Rufus and I was in survival mode at the end. Do you guys have 7m kites?

              Regards,
              -Jason Brickner
              Olympus Controls
              (208)-475-4670

              From: woodland.josh@...
              Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:05 -0600

              Anyone think there's any chance for a good Saturday morning?
              Josh

            • Jason Mac
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 24, 2012
                Yo JBrick,

                Simply surviving was the order of the day for us @ Rufus. I lost my board upwind at the Wall, couldn't recover it and porpoise chest-bumped all the way back to the launch at 30mph. Sore belly and beans the next day. Hood was the same with mid-30's on a 9m mostly depowered. Chrizzo & Ryo were on 8.5's so and were super-lit. Its amazing when locals are boosting 50+ in such conditions and us weekend warriors are hanging on for dear life!

                Helluva time out there, can't wait for labor day to do it again!