gorge report

  • michael
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 13, 2012
      Good day at the Gorge. 10m winds started at 0830 and still blowing. Smoothest winds I have ever seen! ( anywhere)
      Mike
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
        9m yesterday at the event site . Water ski weather every where else . It was a bit gusty . The   r p m' s seemed to rule the day . My monad hung in there , but I mite just trade in for a bridle c kite , RPM . At the cost this morning wind in the forecast this afternoon .
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013

          Your ‘monad’ hung in there?  What is your ‘monad’ and why would you trade it for a kite.  It sounds important.

          Good Friday morning…

          -JBrick

          9m yesterday at the event site . Water ski weather every where else . It was a bit gusty . The   r p m' s seemed to rule the day . My monad hung in there , but I mite just trade in for a bridle c kite , RPM . At the cost this morning wind in the forecast this afternoon .

        • Gavin Morrison
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
            Fuuuuuuuuny.....I'm pretty sure I still have two monads

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
            From: jasonbrickner@...
            Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:22:35 -0600
            Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] gorge report

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
              I wouldn't trade either one for a kite

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
              From: jasonbrickner@...
              Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:22:35 -0600

              Your ‘monad’ hung in there?  What is your ‘monad’ and why would you trade it for a kite.  It sounds important.

              Good Friday morning…

              -JBrick

              9m yesterday at the event site . Water ski weather every where else . It was a bit gusty . The   r p m' s seemed to rule the day . My monad hung in there , but I mite just trade in for a bridle c kite , RPM . At the cost this morning wind in the forecast this afternoon .

            • Greg
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
                Man the wx for the gorge really went to poo. Guess I'm staying here for the weekend to enjoy the rainy wx. Hope you get plenty of sailing and surfing!

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
                  ...when conditions get 9m or better like Steve reports, I often find myself needing mo-nads...

                  On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                  Your ‘monad’ hung in there?  What is your ‘monad’ and why would you trade it for a kite.  It sounds important.

                  Good Friday morning…

                  -JBrick

                  9m yesterday at the event site . Water ski weather every where else . It was a bit gusty . The   r p m' s seemed to rule the day . My monad hung in there , but I mite just trade in for a bridle c kite , RPM . At the cost this morning wind in the forecast this afternoon .

                • Mike Cottingham
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
                    Maybe you would be interested in a ride at the Velodrome or Hidden Springs?  Still wanting to get a trip to the Gorge in this year.  Tell me when you decide to go.

                    -Mike

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 13, 2013
                      I am hoping that Sunday will blow at 3mi, but that's ready iffy at this point.
                      And yes it would be 8hrs of driving for ??? Hrs of sailing. Does anyone have a read on what the aviation wx site is saying for Sunday am? Up to 17kts has anyone seen that before?
                      Sent from my iPhone

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                              Anyone going?
                            • Jack Harrison
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013

                                It could kick in… or not???

                                Jack Harrison, PhD, PE, PH-GW

                                HyQual, P.A.

                                208.861.1654

                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                                  I think I'm going to pass on LP this morning and hit Lake Lowell mid-afternoon.  Watching wind will report when/if I head out.

                                  Eddy

                                  On Sep 15, 2013, at 7:18 AM, <sortelli@...> wrote:

                                  Anyone going?

                                • Jim shultz

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                                      I'm up at lp 800 barely doable right now. Hoping it picks up.

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                                        7m today at the event site . This was the first day of the season to launch and land on the gress . Good size crowd . Got gusty in the afternoon . The wind never came up at the cost . But the surfing was good . My wife even cought some waves .Will ride again tomorrow morning and head home .     Ps . On second thought I'm going to hang on to my monads . The 7 and the 9 anyway the 11 is foresale          STEVE

                                        To: jasonbrickner@...
                                        CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                                          It is good to have monads that are just the right size for the occasion.

                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          To: jasonbrickner@...
                                          CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 15, 2013
                                            Steve, what kite are you thinking of replacing the 11m with?

                                            -Mike

                                            To: jasonbrickner@...
                                            CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Sep 16, 2013
                                              Mike
                                              I have several kites in that size rang . the 11.5 best kahuna its for sale  kite only amazing low end and great boost  , very good morning wind kite for me at 195 lb. . then there is the 12m sling shot RPM ( flew it this morning at the event site from 11:30 to 1:30 with only 4 other kiters and 2 windsurfers , this is a very fun kite and I recommend it , I am selling this one and plan to buy the 2013 . they made the 2013 12m bigger closer to a 13m I need a little more low end with this  kite . the one I have would work for someone 170 lb. or so . for morning wind , the pros for the RPM , fastest turning 12m I have flown and very gust friendly , great hang time and good boost . cons lite on the low end and self lands like a C kite . I have a 12m  Wainman  this is a good all round kite I plan to keep . The 11m  Cabrinha Nomad is another good all round kite , very user friendly ,  but would work for someone that weighs around 170 lb. for morning wind .
                                              Steve

                                              Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:30 PM

                                              To: jasonbrickner@...
                                              CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com