Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge

  • Will Hise
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11 11:58 AM
      The forecast shows a big change this weekend. They've been forecasting low 20s and this weekend shows 5-10. We will make a last minute call.

      Jim, if you're still out there, look for a crazy dude with long dark hair from San Diego that introduces himself as The Dog (real name Kevin). Super fun guy, especially if you like Monster and Rum.

      --Will

      On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Jim shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

      Yesterday and the day before, 7m too big.  Out east was much more reasonable.  Not sure about the future, if it is similar forecast for the corridor, out east should be less wind and smoother wind.  The issue I found the day before was the gusts, was lit on a 7, but the gusts made it scary.

      On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM, zolie22@... <zolie22@...> wrote:

      I just talked with dan who runs the event.  He said a 7m was too big yesterday and today the same??
      Mike

      Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

      From: Will Hise <will.hise@...>
      Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:29:45 -0600
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge

      We're thinking about heading out this weekend for the KB4C event, but as far as I can tell, the forecast is pretty crappy for weekend.  Anyone have the inside track for the forecast?

      Thanks!

      --Will

      On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@...> wrote:

      I think I see you pumping your kite....I'm heading out there next Thurs.... where are you set up?

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: zolie22@...
      Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:21:01 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge

      I found this today. Pretty good info for the Gorge. Check out the slingshot cam. I am heading out there tomorrow if anyone is going to be there let me know.
      Mike

      http://www.nwkite.com/forecast/