RE: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge

  • Gavin Morrison
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11, 2012
      I think I see you pumping your kite....I'm heading out there next Thurs.... where are you set up?

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: zolie22@...
      Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:21:01 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge

      I found this today. Pretty good info for the Gorge. Check out the slingshot cam. I am heading out there tomorrow if anyone is going to be there let me know.
      Mike

      http://www.nwkite.com/forecast/

    • Will Hise
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 11, 2012
        We're thinking about heading out this weekend for the KB4C event, but as far as I can tell, the forecast is pretty crappy for weekend.  Anyone have the inside track for the forecast?

        Thanks!

        --Will

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: zolie22@...
        Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:21:01 +0000

      • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2012
          I just saw something from timiras forecast that conditions are setting up for classic gorge winds- barring the occasional t-storm.
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: Will Hise <will.hise@...>
          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:29:45 -0600
          To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Gorge

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: zolie22@...
          Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:21:01 +0000

        • zolie22@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 11, 2012
            I just talked with dan who runs the event.  He said a 7m was too big yesterday and today the same??
            Mike

            Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

            From: zolie22@...
            Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:21:01 +0000

            I found this today. Pretty good info for the Gorge. Check out the slingshot cam. I am heading out there tomorrow if anyone is going to be there let me know.
            Mike

            http://www.nwkite.com/forecast/

          • Jim shultz
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 11, 2012
              Yesterday and the day before, 7m too big.  Out east was much more reasonable.  Not sure about the future, if it is similar forecast for the corridor, out east should be less wind and smoother wind.  The issue I found the day before was the gusts, was lit on a 7, but the gusts made it scary.

                From: zolie22@...
                Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:21:01 +0000