Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] ...anyone headed up this AM?

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
      forecast much more promising next 3 days...

      On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      Got up there at 7:15.  Calm ... 1 sail boat slowly moving along and a paddle board.  Tomorrow look good?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 11, 2012, at 8:04 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Ugghhh...dyin fast.  Indicators looked risky for it lasting very long.  Hope you took the Zephyr, Eddy...or at least give arriving beachgoers somethin' to lookat w/ that new Ozone Poser...;-)  or does Jim Wannabe Kiter T still have it?

      On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
      I am!!!

      Eddy

      On Jul 11, 2012, at 6:41 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Wow, indicators on TVA page look poor, but Barclay meter shows crankin'...

      =

    • Josh Woodland

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
          SUPs are usually too long.  There is a company that makes SUP river surfing boards.  I did a demo on one this weekend  it was 6'11inches and could float me at almost 200lbs.  I was surfing the lower wave at Kellys water-park in cascade.  I am not sure if Ryan can get these?  If not I can get you in touch with the local rep if you would like to try a demo.  Most people are on surfboards smaller than 7' otherwise the nose shoots across the trough and WIPEOUT!!  I have a nice surfboard  6'2" fish.  I have tried a few boards this last year and this seems to be a good size.  If someone would like to try it before buying one let me know.  Mike

          here is the link to the surfing SUPs   http://badfishsup.com/river-surfer/

          Sounds like I'm glad I went surfing this morning instead....nice thing about Boise--if the wind isn't blowing you can head down to the new whitewater park and paddle in for a session.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
            I have a surf board I bought specifically for river surfing with Baker, but haven't even tried it yet. We need a kiter-day-at-the-river-wave to christen that board!
            Who's in?

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
              ha! Forgot which list this was!

              I do apologize! All sailing enthusiasts are welcome!

              Hey!  Why limit it to Kiters?  Are you trying to be exclusive?  J

              Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:04:42 -0600
              From: idakiteman@...
              To: BoiseSailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 11, 2012
                I'd give it a go.
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Will Hise <will.hise@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:32:54 -0600
                To: michael zolin<zolie22@...>
                ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Cc: Nichols, Christopher Robert (SWD-Boise)<cnichols@...>; STEVE BAKER<sbakerdvm@...>; jon bolt<idakiteman@...>; Boise Sailors<boisesailors@...>; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com<idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>; snowkite idaho<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] ...anyone headed up this AM?

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 12, 2012
                  Any thoughts on if it will turn on this morning?  All packed up and ready to go but it hasn't been near 20 since 2:30am.  Rather save the drive unless there is reason to have faith it will blow.
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 12, 2012
                    Heading up windy at crow inn

                    Eddy

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 12, 2012
                            Team ozone. Mark P, Bill B. Rusty & me

                            Chris & Jim T poling it.

                            Nice morn except for smoke. I need to hack up my left lung

                            Eddy

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 12, 2012
                                  A fun morning, but Team Ozone was having a better time than Team Slingshot ... we were struggling to mow the lawn.  A little light, but I have quite a few lbs on those listed below.

                                  Gave us a chance to play around with trying to provide jet ski support for the first time though.