Re: [BSA] Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wind

  • Jim Tighe
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 8, 2012
      I have a rubber deck on my board would that ground me despite.  the lighting rod mast???   And I always wear rubber booties.  Safety first.

      chris133@... wrote:

      Briefly thought about it but don't want to mess around with the thunderstorms.

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On Jul 8, 2012 5:57 PM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

      Anybody notice the LP readings after four? 16-39 MPH big blow. What to do?

    • Tom von Alten
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 8, 2012
        A rubber ducky? You have a rubber DUCKY on your board and you think it'll prot...

        Oh. Never mind.

        --
        Tom von Alten tva@...
      • Jim Tighe

                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 16, 2016

                    Ha. My sail was a5.6

                    A 4.6 really would have been something

                    I did think about my 5.2, then remembered I was at lucky peak.

                    On Aug 16, 2016 12:10 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:
                    FOUR SIX?!  Somehow I missed that part of your report up at the lake.
                    You went out on
                    a 4.6 at Lucky Peak in August?!

                    Are you sure you weren't still asleep and dreaming that?

                    P.S. Tom has a van but he is not a "van".

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 16, 2016
                      Tomorrow and Thursday look good up at LP. And Friday looks good out at CJ

                      Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
                    • Gregory Danley
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 18, 2016
                        What are your thoughts on getting a smaller kite than 7m would you go for a six or a five? Wondering if the 2m spacing holds true for smaller kites. Looks like tomorrow at cj dropped off

                        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 19, 2016
                                Which name brand or type of 5/7 meter are you guys interested in? I just got back from the Gorge, and found my 7 m Chabrina Nomad to be very different from the Switchblade, not in a good way. The kite does not exorbe gusts as well as the Switchblade. It also requires a lot more of my attention when flying it. Not as stable as the Switchblade.

                                Mike

                                Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 24, 2016
                                        I've been watching it all morning and we had that one surge at 8:30 but right back down again. I'm thinking like Chris and I may head up to CJ around noon if it gets going

                                        Steve linane Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
                                        On Oct 24, 2016 9:08 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:
                                        It seems you are better off planning for an afternoon session out at CJ for SE wind this afternoon... if you don't mind chance of rain...

                                        On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

                                        Anybody go up ?  Kinda looks like it had cover up some

                                        Best regards,
                                        Chris Lee.