RE: [snowkiteidaho] FW: Kailua beach

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
      we were there a few years ago , its time we visited again . I will let you know

      CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: kiteglobe@...
      Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 14:30:24 -1000
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] FW: Kailua beach

      Steve,

      That's the beach I live on:) come visit-

      Sent from my iPhone

      My wife's cousins sent me this today they live on Oahu

      From: hank@...
      Subject: Kailua beach
      Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
      To: itile@...

      Hank

      =
    • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
        Just getting on the plane after an 8 day stay on Maui. Had four sessions on my 12 (only one I brought) very over powered.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: steve linane <itile@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 22:26:20 -0600
        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        From: hank@...
        Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
        To: itile@...

        Hank

        =
      • Robert Shultz
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2012
          Thanks to Monte, I can say I have kited there.  What I do recall was the crystal clear water, dodging sea turtles, crystal clear WARM water, and no more crowded than lucky peak on a busy morning.  Certainly far less drama than the event site in hood.  Which, looks like it will deliver the next few days, I am feeling a Viento to event site downwinder!

          Jim

          Sent from my iPhone

          From: hank@...
          Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
          To: itile@...

          Hank

        • Andrew Goldman
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2012
            Maui is hands down a better island for kiting. It has over 300 days of wind/year and a big kite is considered a 10 meter. Best wave I've ever kited. Slow roller and still has shape/ is ridable when it hits 20+ feet.

            Oahu has many, many kite spots and is very scenic. Lighter wind on the windward side but very scenic. Summer is best time but winter has some good 15 foot days that when hit right, wind provided are hard to beat.  Kailua beach is my least favorite but there are some spots close by that will enrich your kite lives.

            NothShore has the pucker factor because of reef and tide levels.

            If anyone wants to kite out here, let me know and I'd be happy to point or show you the spots.

            Sent from my iPhone

            From: hank@...
            Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
            To: itile@...