FW: Kailua beach

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4 3:09 PM
    My wife's cousins sent me this today they live on Oahu

    From: hank@...
    Subject: Kailua beach
    Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
    To: itile@...

    Hank
  • Andrew Goldman
    Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4 5:30 PM
      Steve,

      That's the beach I live on:) come visit-

      Sent from my iPhone

      From: hank@...
      Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
      To: itile@...

      Hank

      =
    • Will Hise
      Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4 9:19 PM
        Wow. Someone forgot his Ritalin today.

        Roll up to a SoCal beach in July sometime. Just enough room to pump a kite between fat, drunk, tattooed bikini girls and their boyfriends and kids. Then you get to do the weave through 100 idiots on Costco foam boards floundering in the line up before getting yelled at by the 60 year old town drunk who thinks you can only ride waves on the original wave tool, a brand new foam and poly longboard (note: this is NOT the original wave tool). get back to your car to find it waxed up better than your surfboard with language you haven't heard since jr high and you've just had a great session.

        Now heck, where's MY Ritalin...

        :)

        Happy fourth!

        From: hank@...
        Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
        To: itile@...

        Hank

        =
        Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4 9:26 PM
          we were there a few years ago , its time we visited again . I will let you know

          CC: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

          From: hank@...
          Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
          To: itile@...

          Hank

          =
        • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
          Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4 11:38 PM
            Just getting on the plane after an 8 day stay on Maui. Had four sessions on my 12 (only one I brought) very over powered.
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: steve linane <itile@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 22:26:20 -0600
            To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            From: hank@...
            Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
            To: itile@...

            Hank

            =
          • Robert Shultz
            Message 6 of 8 , Jul 5 8:55 AM
              Thanks to Monte, I can say I have kited there.  What I do recall was the crystal clear water, dodging sea turtles, crystal clear WARM water, and no more crowded than lucky peak on a busy morning.  Certainly far less drama than the event site in hood.  Which, looks like it will deliver the next few days, I am feeling a Viento to event site downwinder!

              Jim

              Sent from my iPhone

              From: hank@...
              Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
              To: itile@...

              Hank

            • Andrew Goldman
              Message 7 of 8 , Jul 9 12:53 PM
                Maui is hands down a better island for kiting. It has over 300 days of wind/year and a big kite is considered a 10 meter. Best wave I've ever kited. Slow roller and still has shape/ is ridable when it hits 20+ feet.

                Oahu has many, many kite spots and is very scenic. Lighter wind on the windward side but very scenic. Summer is best time but winter has some good 15 foot days that when hit right, wind provided are hard to beat.  Kailua beach is my least favorite but there are some spots close by that will enrich your kite lives.

                NothShore has the pucker factor because of reef and tide levels.

                If anyone wants to kite out here, let me know and I'd be happy to point or show you the spots.

                Sent from my iPhone

                From: hank@...
                Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:30:58 -1000
                To: itile@...