Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: July 4th Plus

  • Jason Watt
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2012
      Just got to cj.  Mild whitecaps.  Looks like big board / big kite.   Camper said couple kiters were here shortly a while ago.  May head to river to check it out.
      Jason
      412-1893

      On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:29 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      forecasted wind looks promising until 1-ish or so before it trails off. Head to CJ or the river this morning, Alby's meetup about 9:30-10:00?

      > CJ or the RIVER tomorrow
      >

      > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      > From: geardaddyllc@...
      > Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:58:09 +0000
      > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] July 4th Plus
      >

      > Looks like we should get morning wind starting on Wednesday and we might get quite a few in a row. Hope to see many get some!!!
      >
      > Eddy

      =
    • Chris Lee
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2012
        I may drive out that way since my Gorge trip is cancelled. :-(

        Roosevelt is 26g38 now. Wish I am there or heading that way

        Best regards,
        Chris Lee

        On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

        Just got to cj.  Mild whitecaps.  Looks like big board / big kite.   Camper said couple kiters were here shortly a while ago.  May head to river to check it out.
        Jason
        412-1893

        On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:29 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

        forecasted wind looks promising until 1-ish or so before it trails off. Head to CJ or the river this morning, Alby's meetup about 9:30-10:00?

        > CJ or the RIVER tomorrow
        >

        > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        > From: geardaddyllc@...
        > Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:58:09 +0000
        > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] July 4th Plus
        >

        > Looks like we should get morning wind starting on Wednesday and we might get quite a few in a row. Hope to see many get some!!!
        >
        > Eddy

        =

      • David Jakious
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2012
          Got a short session at CJ.  Jason was right ... big kite/board with a lot of lulls and gusts.  Went from struggling to keep the kite up one moment to getting pulled off my edge the next.  Fun nonetheless.  River seemed pretty calm on the drive out.

          On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

          Just got to cj.  Mild whitecaps.  Looks like big board / big kite.   Camper said couple kiters were here shortly a while ago.  May head to river to check it out.
          Jason
          412-1893

          On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:29 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

          forecasted wind looks promising until 1-ish or so before it trails off. Head to CJ or the river this morning, Alby's meetup about 9:30-10:00?

          > CJ or the RIVER tomorrow
          >

          > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          > From: geardaddyllc@...
          > Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:58:09 +0000
          > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] July 4th Plus
          >

          > Looks like we should get morning wind starting on Wednesday and we might get quite a few in a row. Hope to see many get some!!!
          >
          > Eddy

          =

          =
        • Jason Watt
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2012
            Same on the river.  12m big board.  On and off.     Heading to rcr.

            On Jul 3, 2012, at 1:38 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

            Got a short session at CJ.  Jason was right ... big kite/board with a lot of lulls and gusts.  Went from struggling to keep the kite up one moment to getting pulled off my edge the next.  Fun nonetheless.  River seemed pretty calm on the drive out.

            On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

            Just got to cj.  Mild whitecaps.  Looks like big board / big kite.   Camper said couple kiters were here shortly a while ago.  May head to river to check it out.
            Jason
            412-1893

            On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:29 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

            forecasted wind looks promising until 1-ish or so before it trails off. Head to CJ or the river this morning, Alby's meetup about 9:30-10:00?

            > CJ or the RIVER tomorrow
            >

            > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            > From: geardaddyllc@...
            > Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:58:09 +0000
            > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] July 4th Plus
            >

            > Looks like we should get morning wind starting on Wednesday and we might get quite a few in a row. Hope to see many get some!!!
            >
            > Eddy

            =

            =

            =
          • Chris Lee
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3, 2012

              Thanks for keeping the info updated!

              I think I’ll wait for morning wind instead of driving out.

              Best regards,

              Chris Lee.

              Same on the river.  12m big board.  On and off.     Heading to rcr.

              On Jul 3, 2012, at 1:38 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

              Got a short session at CJ.  Jason was right ... big kite/board with a lot of lulls and gusts.  Went from struggling to keep the kite up one moment to getting pulled off my edge the next.  Fun nonetheless.  River seemed pretty calm on the drive out.

              On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

              Just got to cj.  Mild whitecaps.  Looks like big board / big kite.   Camper said couple kiters were here shortly a while ago.  May head to river to check it out.

              Jason

              412-1893

              On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:29 AM, "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...> wrote:

              forecasted wind looks promising until 1-ish or so before it trails off. Head to CJ or the river this morning, Alby's meetup about 9:30-10:00?

              > CJ or the RIVER tomorrow
              >

              > To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              > From: geardaddyllc@...
              > Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:58:09 +0000
              > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] July 4th Plus
              >

              > Looks like we should get morning wind starting on Wednesday and we might get quite a few in a row. Hope to see many get some!!!
              >
              > Eddy

              =

              =

              =

            • jwattboi
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 3, 2012
                After the session on the river, I got to RCR and JMac, Ryan, and somebody taking lessons named Eric were there. I put up the 12 and was lit. After a while put up the 9.5 and wind came on so I was really lit. Need a 7m for the kite pile. Wind was crankin and punchy. Windsurfers probably would have been flyin.

              • chris133@cableone.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 3, 2012
                  Sounds like I should check out RCR one of theses days... Glad that you guys got some!

                  Best regards,
                  Chris Lee