Re: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday session at Lake Lowell

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 27, 2012
      Well the wind was there this morning at LP if you were up early to get it.  started out as the smoothest I had seen in a long time. No holes or gusts just a constant 18 or so mph.  Air temp cold but I had a good time.  Just me for 20 minutes then Chris showed up and when he got on the water ten or so minutes later, it started backing off.  I rode for just over an hour with just us 2 out there.  See you all tomorrow

      From: billyg2477@...
      Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:51:39 -0600

      So Wendy was driving to get fireworks today and saw someone kiting at ICR.  Who's holding out on their fun in the sun?  Glad the rest of you got some.  Hoping for Thursday!

      Bill

      On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      I enjoyed my morning driving to eastern Idaho for work. :-(

      Glad you all enjoyed.

      -jbrick

      On Jun 26, 2012, at 3:45 PM, "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Hope you make the team, Jim!!  When Eddy on 9m, went out on 11.5m rear pigtails depowered.  Another great sesh.  Like Eddy says...LL been really good this season.  Great fun.  Huge boost.  Not OP'ed.  But like forecast predicted, it eased pretty quick and 9m players packed it in.  Played on 11.5 an hour, then came in & re-powered pigtails for another round.  By 2PM, you'd want 14m but still be well powered.  LL had some great days this year, in

      On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

      Glad u boys got some wind..hope there is some next week when I get back. In San Jose for Olympic Trials.

      Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Great time from 11-12 on 9m Edge. Boosty fun kite. 5-6 kiters one pole boarder (Bruce). Had to get back to work and the famous lulls were starting to hit.

      Eddy

      Powered up on the 12. Hit a little lull but its up again. Westerly
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
      From: RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...>
      Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:58:25 -0600

      I'm headed put to LL. anyone care to join?

      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated

      On Jun 26, 2012, at 8:08 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      now ontario 26g37 wsw and caldwell 23g39 w

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: davidjakious@...
      Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:05:21 -0600

      Unfortunately looks like the aviation forecast was off.  Any thoughts on if it will still pick up this morning?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 25, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      here's another opinion.  shows peak wind between 6AM & Noon, dropping fast after noon...

      http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KEUL&state=ID

      On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      Any guesses on how early it will be kite-able?  Got to be at work by 12:30 and wondering if there is a chance to get a decent session in and be packed up and ready to leave by 11:45.

      Thanks.

      On Jun 25, 2012, at 9:14 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      The forecast for LL 's wind direction is west , that is a very good direction not as gusty / on and off / up and down  , it doesn't happen very often . it gives us a side on at got point rather then side shore or side off when is real north .  like Jon said  early before  noon looks best , if the forecast is right .
      Steve-O

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:39:57 -0600

      Yes.  I wish it were going to be a 7m day but I think a niner would do fine

      Eddy

      On Jun 25, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@...> wrote:

      Eddy....I've never been to LL....I have tomorrow afternoon off and I'd like to try it but the smallest kite I have it a 9.5M do you think that would work?

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:00:56 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday session at Lake Lowell

      Forecast has another strong blast hitting us tomorrow. I'm going to tap LL one more time... She has been so good to me this year. I'll be there about noon or when the wind starts to peak.

      Eddy

      =

      =