Re: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday session at Lake Lowell

  • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 25, 2012
      Get on greenhurst and go west till you can't go no mo
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@...>
      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:32:31 -0700
      To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday session at Lake Lowell

      How do you get to that launch?  Is it off Lake Shore Dr? Which end? any signs or road marks?

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com; boisesailors@...
      From: itile@...
      Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:14:33 -0600

      The forecast for LL 's wind direction is west , that is a very good direction not as gusty / on and off / up and down  , it doesn't happen very often . it gives us a side on at got point rather then side shore or side off when is real north .  like Jon said  early before  noon looks best , if the forecast is right .
      Steve-O

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:39:57 -0600

      Yes.  I wish it were going to be a 7m day but I think a niner would do fine

      Eddy

      On Jun 25, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@...> wrote:

      Eddy....I've never been to LL....I have tomorrow afternoon off and I'd like to try it but the smallest kite I have it a 9.5M do you think that would work?

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:00:56 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday session at Lake Lowell

      Forecast has another strong blast hitting us tomorrow. I'm going to tap LL one more time... She has been so good to me this year. I'll be there about noon or when the wind starts to peak.

      Eddy

    • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Jun 25, 2012
        Forecast looks like it should build to 17 around 9am and continue up to 29 sometime after 12.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: David Jakious <davidjakious@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:31:03 -0600
        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        Any guesses on how early it will be kite-able?  Got to be at work by 12:30 and wondering if there is a chance to get a decent session in and be packed up and ready to leave by 11:45.

        Thanks.

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        From: geardaddyllc@...
        Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:00:56 +0000

        =

          Message 4 of 30 , Jun 25, 2012
            I see the link....I'll check it before I come...What should it read at the airport for good kiting on the lake?

            To: BoiseSailors@...; idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 30 , Jun 25, 2012
              Good info, earlier is better.
              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              From: geardaddyllc@...
              Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:00:56 +0000

              Message 6 of 30 , Jun 26, 2012
                Just hit Nampa. Big blow.  I'll head out about 10:30 seems punch right now

                Eddy

                On Jun 25, 2012, at 8:00 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                Forecast has another strong blast hitting us tomorrow. I'm going to tap LL one more time... She has been so good to me this year. I'll be there about noon or when the wind starts to peak.

                Eddy

              • David Jakious

                  Message 8 of 30 , Jun 26, 2012
                    now ontario 26g37 wsw and caldwell 23g39 w

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 30 , Jun 26, 2012
                      I'm headed put to LL. anyone care to join?

                      Rusty Hill
                      Photography Elevated
                      (208) 891-7744

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 30 , Jun 26, 2012
                          Powered up on the 12. Hit a little lull but its up again. Westerly
                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          Message 12 of 30 , Jun 26, 2012
                            Great time from 11-12 on 9m Edge. Boosty fun kite. 5-6 kiters one pole boarder (Bruce). Had to get back to work and the famous lulls were starting to hit.

                            Eddy

                                From: geardaddyllc@...
                                Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:00:56 +0000

                                --
                                Best regards,

                                Chris Lee
                              • Jim Tighe

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Jun 26, 2012
                                              in case you missed it , Chris Lee forecasted wind for LP tomorrow and Thursday , I think its worth waking up early to check the meter .
                                              Also I would of never guessed I would be flying a 9m at LL today . who went to ICR and how was it , what kite did you fly ?

                                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Jun 26, 2012

                                                Amen brother.

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jun 27, 2012
                                                  Well the wind was there this morning at LP if you were up early to get it.  started out as the smoothest I had seen in a long time. No holes or gusts just a constant 18 or so mph.  Air temp cold but I had a good time.  Just me for 20 minutes then Chris showed up and when he got on the water ten or so minutes later, it started backing off.  I rode for just over an hour with just us 2 out there.  See you all tomorrow

                                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                                                  From: davidjakious@...
                                                  Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:05:21 -0600

                                                  http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?Submit=Go&sta=KEUL&state=ID