New to Boise

  • tiger_vandal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2012
      Howdy guys,
      I just got to Mountain Home last year and now am living in Boise. I have done some kiteboarding in the past and do alot of wakeboarding and snowboarding so was looking at getting a kite. I am wondering about places to go. I have seen guys at the Stagestop south of Boise but I was wondering if its possible to board at Anderson, Lucky Peak, or CJ strike (most of the places I go on the boat)? If so, hows the wind normally at those places; ie. what size kites work best?

      Thanks for any help yall can provide. This looks like a sweet group and hope to meet some of yall.

      Travis
    • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2012
        Well indian creek reservoir (icr) out by the stage stop has been exceptional this spring, plenty of water and mild temps but its time is about up. The tulies are taking over. Lake lowell happens on occasion as does CJ strike. I've never sailed anderson but have seen it blow there, the hard thing there is a good launch/landing area. Lucky Peak is the main stay of the summer months but it is a dawn patrol affair.
        As for kite size that depends on you. I have three sizes 14, 12, 9 I use the 14 90%, 12 8%, and the 9. I am 225lbs and not very efficient. Hope this helps.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "tiger_vandal" <tklare@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 20:05:21 -0000
        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] New to Boise

        Howdy guys,
        I just got to Mountain Home last year and now am living in Boise. I have done some kiteboarding in the past and do alot of wakeboarding and snowboarding so was looking at getting a kite. I am wondering about places to go. I have seen guys at the Stagestop south of Boise but I was wondering if its possible to board at Anderson, Lucky Peak, or CJ strike (most of the places I go on the boat)? If so, hows the wind normally at those places; ie. what size kites work best?

        Thanks for any help yall can provide. This looks like a sweet group and hope to meet some of yall.

        Travis

      • Robert Shultz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2012
          Hey Travis,

          Give me a call, I'll tell you what I know.  288501709.

          Jim

          Sent from my iPhone