Andrew how did it go yesterday, did you find wind ?

  • steve_linane
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007
      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Goldman <kiteglobe@...>

      ______________
      > Cheap talk?
      > http://voice.yahoo.com

    • Andrew Goldman
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 18, 2007
        Epic day. East winds were very strong on Last Resort.
        Yesterday was even better with Northwest winds
        pushing into Double Barrel at 17-23. Snow coverage is
        O.K. Everything is kiteable right now. Base is hard
        and makes for very fast fun kiting.
        --- steve_linane <steve_linane@...> wrote:

        > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Goldman
        > <kiteglobe@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Brian, this is Monty. I will be headed to Last
        > Resort
        > > at 12:15 It will work. I have a place up in
        > > Fairfield and will be staying over night. Do you
        > have
        > > room for my friend Chris on the way back to Boise?
        >
        > > Chris and I plan on being at last resort no later
        > then
        > > 1:30
        > > --- Brian Kerr <mowwind@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > The weather says it may blow up to 16 mph
        > from
        > > > the East. Hate to be
        > > > the only one out there freezing ...I mean,
        > havein'
        > > > fun, by myself.

        > ______________
        > > Cheap talk?
        > > Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call
        > rates.
        > > http://voice.yahoo.com

        Get your own web address.
      • Whitney Rearick
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 18, 2007
          "Double Barrel?"  "Last Resort?"  Someone's naming kiting locations now?

          --- Brian Kerr <mowwind@... > wrote:

          > > > The weather says it may blow up to 16 mph
          > from
          > > > the East. Hate to be
          > > > the only one out there freezing ...I mean,
          > havein'
          > > > fun, by myself.

          > ____________ __
          > > Cheap talk?
          > > Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call
          > rates.
          > > http://voice. yahoo.com

          Get your own web address.
          http://smallbusines s.yahoo.com/ domains/? p=BESTDEAL

          Never miss an email again!
          Yahoo! Toolbar
        • Ryan Wait
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 19, 2007

            someone needed to name these places, i think we all got sick of saying "all meet you at the one spot just down the road from the big area, but not quite to the snowmo park. close to mile marker 123, on the north side of the road before the big pull out... or if we are not their then look, on the road to featherville before the 15th right hand turn, but before old man Johnson's wooden fence, close to the big rocky area...... or you could say we will be at last resort or spooners nob.

            if anybody has a great name for an area then i would love to hear it. the names we are using are not registered at the county. i would love to hear some suggesstions.

            thanks, RHINO

            From:  Whitney Rearick <whitnuld@...>
            To:  snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:57:55 -0800 (PST)

            Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. �Who will win?
          • Andrew Goldman
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 19, 2007
              Naming places is fun. My intentions were not to lay
              claim to this amazing place. I hope I have not
              offended you or anyone else by using names to describe
              where we snowkite. This area is soooo amazing and
              sooo big. I explored a lot last year and many of these
              adventures were taken on my own. By naming some of
              these areas, I was able to alert friends to my
              whereabouts. I felt that I was taking a small safety
              precaution and I think it was conducted in a fun way.
              No one has to adopt any of these names. I will
              continue to use them, I hope that in doing so, I will
              be able to give a detailed report of what is happening
              here in the Camas. I will warn you that I have
              written an article for kiteboard magazine and that
              some of these names are used as reference in this
              article. We have such an amazing crew here in Idaho.
              These names, while lame, may help bring our crew
              closer by connecting some dots that have not been
              connected. I can see your point, why name anything,
              we always know where to go. If the old system worked,
              then keep it going. We will all explore and as we
              open our eyes, kites and playgrounds, I fear the old
              system will have its problems.

            • geardaddy@cableone.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 20, 2007
                Andrew,

                Very nice article in the magazine, very well written. I like my picture "SWEET!!!!"

                The name game is fun I just don't know all the names yet. Don't forget to put on the "Hysterical" Site. Which is on the North side of the Highway from the Historical Site.

                I have been doing some more organizing on the Camas FreeRide Event. Talking with Team Ozone and it sounds like we might have Chasta make a visit. He is supposed to be in the country and is always willing to ride new locales. so Maek your Calanders.  A Few of the Group have RV's that we Plan on parking at the Snomob park, utalizing the the warming hut and outhouses, should be fun to camp out.   Bring a cot and stay in the hut if you dare. Weekend of March 11th.

                Eddy

                BTW Darrel, J, and I are making our way thru WY. we played at Skyline yesterday, we had really light winds but the sun was out and it was very nice. Got to test the 12 Manta, but I like my 14 Frenzy better due to low end grunt.  Hopefully we find lots of snow today.

                On Fri Jan 19 20:13 , Andrew Goldman sent:

                http://tools. search.yahoo. com/shortcuts/ #loc_weather

                Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net