RE: [snowkiteidaho] Wind this weekend

  • Jack Harrison
    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 8, 2012

      The Needle moved past go…  On my way. Thanks

      Jack

      208.861.1654

      From: jwattboi@...
      Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 10:10:45 -0600

      I'm going to try for late afternoon.  4-ish.

      On Jun 8, 2012, at 10:01, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      I may be able to get out this afternoon. When is everyone heading to ICR?

      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated

      On Jun 8, 2012, at 9:48 AM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      Yeah, idaho aviation wx shows plenty of wind tomorrow all day long. A little today and lighter. Tomorrow I will be peddling my arse around nampa, melba, marsing don't think I will have any left for an afternoon session.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: steve linane <itile@...>

      Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:40:51 -0600

      Right now everything points to wind this afternoon at ICR , and Saturday looks windy all day with a Wind Advisory for southern Idaho

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
      Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:30:33 +0000

      Any prognastications for this today?

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...>

      Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:29:25 -0000

      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Wind this weekend

      This weekend looks promising for NW wind. Hope to go Fri or Sat Maybe to CJ???

      If I could, I'd be driving to American Falls for a stella weekend.

      =

      =

    • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 17, 2012
        My girls and I went to LL this afternoon, plenty of natives out on the play ground. Hesitated a while because there were 5 boats and a bunch of people on the beach that we know as gotts point. I finally made the hike and set up the 14. My wife gave me a launch and the natives were hootin n hollarin. I teel you what they were so nice, they offered us burgers and brats, drinks what ever they had. Some of the guys were really interested in kiting. Could have been on the 12 pretty steady. Water is pretty green. Tomorrow should be good.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 22:12:21 -0600
        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        Amazing session at CJ late today.  It was a late start but Jason and I had great fun.  91 degree air and 65 degree water means shorts only kiting. 20-25 mph on a 12 is a hoot.

        Um I forgot about the SPFlessness of going shirtless.  Ouch

        Hitting LL tomorrow.  Think about breaking my rule of getting it before 2 and hitting it at 3.  See how work/wind schedule is in morning supposed to blow 40 tomorrow???

        Eddy

        On Jun 17, 2012, at 1:46 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

        Eddy meter was inop, Tom V's site said lucky peak raws nw @15g 22??? Went back to sleep. Arrgh! Happy Fathers day

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Jim Tighe <jim@...>
        Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:42:54 -0600

        five of us got some wind at LP this am.  11 m for Jon bolt not sure of the others.  I was excited and almost rigged the 5.0 then remembered where we were and put on the 6.2.  which was the best call.  nice morning with small white caps over the whole lake.  sailed and 1.25 hours from just after 7am  had a great start to the day.  did a 9 mile greenbelt ride and am now considering going to cj to see some bigger wind.  have Shakespeare tonight so i must start now.   c u on the water.
        Jim Tighe
        Gem State Gymnastics Academy/Tighe Gym Sales
        5420 W State
        Boise, Idaho 83703
        208-859-1397 cell; 208-853-3220 gym

        From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
        Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:02:41 -0600

        Heading to CJ- I'm early but going anyway. Be there by 2. Rigging my 7. Laura's gonna give it a go too! Whoot!

        Eddy

        On Jun 16, 2012, at 1:11 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

        Happy Fathers Day!

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...>
        Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 13:08:31 -0600

        Lucky Peak forecasted to go in AM.  Air warm near 60.  Get there early, likely end by 9am.  When crossing dam, look for that big lighted sign on service ramp to dam tower that flashes surface water temp (advising to wear a life jacket).  It read 58.5 last week.  So 60 air, 60 water, 120 total, lots of margin.  No booties or hoodies.  Way cool to have that water temp reading.  Hope it stays there...

        On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM, <daflyinhawaiian64@...> wrote:

        Looks like a 9m monster day for Monday!

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
        Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:23:33 -0600

        Got off the water at 8:00. Great day out there. Tom was there for a while and then I was solo for a couple of hours.  Went back out when Jim and Chrizzo showed up.  Got a good fix.

        On Jun 15, 2012, at 15:49, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

        Josh  was out when Jon and I got to ICR and Tom showed about a hour later . Tom still out when we left at 2:45 .
        Very good 11m day  . with some periods of steady wind not to gusty other wise . Got to fly Jon's 2011 Kahuna 11.5 it gets my 100% endorsement , I was boosting the biggest air ever on a 11 . and very user friendy .
         The wife and I are headed to the Gorge for Fathers day be back Monday , If your like me , no one is going to do anything for you for fathers day ,so you haft to do it yourself .
        Steve-O

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: idakiteman@...
        Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:05:36 -0600

        See you there Josh.  Steve & I heading out shortly & maybe Tom C. too.

        game on..

        On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

        I'm heading to ICR at 11. Need to be back to work by 1.
        Josh

        On Jun 15, 2012 7:28 AM, "steve linane" <itile@...> wrote:

        just waiting on the wind

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: woodland.josh@...
        Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 07:24:39 -0600

        Unless something comes up at work, I'm planning for a short ICR session around noon.
        Josh

        On Jun 15, 2012 7:09 AM, "Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        WX models change again... But as they say in Idaho "if you don't like the weather give it 20mins."

        My guess ICR is Good early today and sucker wind late.

        Saturday morn at LP is possible if it is a weak blow this afternoon at ICR

        Sunday now says strong NW in afternoon 30mph??? Which could allow a short LP session Sunday.

        If I'm wrong again I'll postpone future forecasts until I can play more.

        Calvin is doing great and his little sister Lindsay is awesome. Calvin loves watching kiteboard and paraglide videos even over Elmo & Mickey. He'll watch whole video glued to it and when credits pop up it's "mo, mo, mo"  :-)

        Eddy

        On Jun 13, 2012, at 10:38 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        There is a glimpse of hope for Saturday morning wind??? Maybe Sunday too? I'll be there, fellow weekend warriors, I'll be there!!! I hope!

        But in the meantime go WEST and enjoy ICR. It actually looks potentially doable at Lake Lowell from my office window.

        Hope to get out sometime soon ... going stir crazy

        Eddy

        =