Re: [snowkiteidaho] Monday morning

  • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 26 , May 15 7:31 AM
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Chris Lee <chris133@...>
      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:17:51 -0600
      To: Chris Lee<chris133@...>
      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>; BSA<boisesailors@...>
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Monday morning

      Stupid autocorrect! Don't know who the miners are but numbers make more sense

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On May 15, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      Oh that's on a windsurfer. It's probably fine on kite. At least WS is up and you can check the miners and decide...

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On May 15, 2012, at 7:47 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      High clouds kept it from being good. :-(

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On May 15, 2012, at 6:51 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      Well it's sailable. And hopefully the WS will stay up this time. Will check again after the morning session.

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On May 14, 2012, at 9:55 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      Hey Rusty, is the eddy meter reading right? I just checked on and it shows that it has been blowing 15-20 out of the east all afternoon long. I've never seen that.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...>
      Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:54:36 -0600

      well the reason for launching at Barclay is pure laziness. It is a bit tricky getting down and it's much easier climbing up the rocks as the tension on the kite lets you tiptoe on the tops of the rocks. As for my stealth kite… when my new edge arrives you'll be able to see it a bit easier. It's not Barbie pink like yours, Will, but it will be easier to see!

      Rusty
      On May 14, 2012, at 11:56 AM, Will Hise wrote:

      Was going to ask you about that! I saw your kite on the beach and couldn't figure out how (or why) you launched/landed over there.  I guess the landing might have been ok as the wind angle was good, but how did you launch and not brake an ankle on those rocks?

      Btw- that has to be the hardest kite to see. I kept thinking you crashed and died and then your invisi-kite would show up with you riding along just fine. When you quit I really thought you got out on the north side of the dam because I couldn't see your kite at all. Then I saw it on Barclay.

      On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      Oh, and I also launched from Barclay beach… so yes the season has started. Although, I wouldn't recommend it… it was a bit sketchy.

      On May 14, 2012, at 11:42 AM, Jason Brickner wrote:

      Ok…. I’d better get my equipment out of the attic and checked out for operation.  Sounds like the season has officially started.

      Yeah yeah… I know…. It started a month ago.  Soccer and travel has kept me away.  That will change, as soccer is all but done for the three kids.

      See you all soon.

      -JBrick

      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 22, 2015
        Did anyone go up this morning? Wind was 320@12 in muo, 260@3 in eul and 140@5 at Boi. Couldn't get the wx station report at Lp just wondering if it happened

        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 22, 2015
          NO go the best it got was 14 g 16 at 7:20  am

          Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 11:22 AM
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Monday morning

          Did anyone go up this morning? Wind was 320@12 in muo, 260@3 in eul and 140@5 at Boi. Couldn't get the wx station report at Lp just wondering if it happened

          Sent from my iPhone

        • Chris Lee
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 22, 2015
            There may be a chance tomorrow morning... probably on the light side but hope stars will align and give the wind a boost.

            Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 11:22 AM

            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 23, 2015
              Stars were aligned and we had a little better than expected (by me) wind this morning.
              It's a little on the light side but still enough wind for Jim T. & I to get up the canyon.  We sailed for a little over an hour.

              The next couple days do not look good for morning wind.  However, the weekend looks promising at the moment..

              Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 11:22 AM

              --
              Best regards,
              Chris Lee.