- Your story just makes me smile. Keep em coming. Rusty Hill wrote: Ha ha! That was exciting! Turns out I survived. Our original plan wasMessage 1 of 13 , May 9, 2012View SourceYour story just makes me smile. Keep em coming.
Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:
Ha ha! That was exciting! Turns out I survived. Our original plan was to take the catamaran out on the lake and eat a picnic dinner with some friends at the park near the NW dam. I threw the kite in just in case. Forecast was only showing 8-10 which is light but all I wanted if my wife was my crew. Still trying to ease her into it. So when we arrived it was blowing10-20 and I figured I would avoid a similar sailing story to last year's adventure with Jason Watt. It slowly picked up and was kiteable so I pumped up and went out from the beach nearest the dam. Everyone says not to kite when it's offshore winds... So I recruited a friendly jetskier to be my rescue should disaster strike. So after about 45 mins of kiting in the most violently gusty wind I've ever experienced, I managed to inverted my kite after being lofted off of my edge and penduluming under the kite. After I wrapped my lines up the my new jetskier buddy picked me up and brought me back to shore. Sure beats swimming upwind :) I knew going out there that the wind wasn't going to be ideal, but knowing I'm part of the double header club now will allow me to sleep better tonight.
Photography Elevated(208) 891-7744
On May 9, 2012, at 10:01 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:
What happened? Did you live?
On Wednesday, May 9, 2012, Jim Tighe wrote:
James R. Tighe
Gem State Gymnastics Academy & Tighe Gym Sales
5420 W State St.
Boise, Idaho 83703
Going for a double header. At lake Lowell just about to launch. Wish me luck!
On May 9, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:
As usual…. Out of town…
Save some for me. I’m back Friday.
Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?
I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
> I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
> I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!