RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Wednesday/Thursday session.

    Message 1 of 13 , May 9, 2012

      As usual…. Out of town…

      Save some for me.  I’m back Friday.

      -JBrick

      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of geardaddyllc
      Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:41 PM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Wednesday/Thursday session.

      Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

      I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

      > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
      >
      > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
      >
      > Eddy

    • Rusty Hill
      Message 2 of 13 , May 9, 2012
        Going for a double header. At lake Lowell just about to launch. Wish me luck!

        Rusty Hill
        Photography Elevated
        (208) 891-7744

        On May 9, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

        As usual…. Out of town…

        Save some for me.  I’m back Friday.

        -JBrick

        Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

        I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

        > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
        >
        > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
        >
        > Eddy

      • Jim Tighe
        Message 3 of 13 , May 9, 2012

          Good luck

          James R. Tighe

          5420 W State St.

          Boise, Idaho 83703

          208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

          jim@...

          www.gemstategymnastics.com

          Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

          I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

          > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
          >
          > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
          >
          > Eddy

        • Will Hise
          Message 4 of 13 , May 9, 2012
            What happened? Did you live?

            On Wednesday, May 9, 2012, Jim Tighe wrote:

            Good luck

            James R. Tighe

            5420 W State St.

            Boise, Idaho 83703

            208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

            jim@...

            www.gemstategymnastics.com

            Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

            I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

            > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
            >
            > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
            >
            > Eddy

          • Rusty Hill
            Message 5 of 13 , May 9, 2012
              Ha ha! That was exciting! Turns out I survived. Our original plan was to take the catamaran out on the lake and eat a picnic dinner with some friends at the park near the NW dam. I threw the kite in just in case. Forecast was only showing 8-10 which is light but all I wanted if my wife was my crew. Still trying to ease her into it. So when we arrived it was blowing10-20 and I figured I would avoid a similar sailing story to last year's adventure with Jason Watt. It slowly picked up and was kiteable so I pumped up and went out from the beach nearest the dam. Everyone says not to kite when it's offshore winds... So I recruited a friendly jetskier to be my rescue should disaster strike. So after about 45 mins of kiting in the most violently gusty wind I've ever experienced, I managed to inverted my kite after being lofted off of my edge and penduluming under the kite. After I wrapped my lines up the my new jetskier buddy picked me up and brought me back to shore. Sure beats swimming upwind :) I knew going out there that the wind wasn't going to be ideal, but knowing I'm part of the double header club now will allow me to sleep better tonight.

              Rusty Hill
              Photography Elevated
              (208) 891-7744

              On May 9, 2012, at 10:01 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

              What happened? Did you live?

              On Wednesday, May 9, 2012, Jim Tighe wrote:

              Good luck

              James R. Tighe

              5420 W State St.

              Boise, Idaho 83703

              208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

              jim@...

              www.gemstategymnastics.com

              Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

              I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

              > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
              >
              > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
              >
              > Eddy

            • Jim Tighe