Barclay weather station

  • Rusty Hill
    Message 1 of 23 , May 8, 2012
      I am happy to announce that, just in time for tomorrows morning session, the weather station in up and running.

      We'll need to organize a beach cleanup to tidy up our launch site in the near future. I'm proposing Saturday the 19th. Right now the beach looks pretty good and wouldn't need too much. The army corp delivered more sand for the beach. I was told it was because Jon Bolt had been complaining that the sand wasn't adequate for his tender feet. Regardless, it needs moved as well as weeds pulled. I don't know who needs to be contacted at ACE, but I'm guessing Eddy can do that. If everyone wants to speak up if the 19th does or doesn't work for them and we'll go from there.
      See ya in the morning!
      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated
      www.SkyBluePhotos.com
      (208) 891-7744
    • Gavin Morrison
      Message 2 of 23 , May 8, 2012
        Awesome....way to go Rusty!

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 23 , May 8, 2012
          Way to go rusty!!!

          Big thanks to Chris for newer laptop, that sure made the reconnect much easier than it has been in the past.

          I talked to ACE shortly after the reinstall. We can do the beach clean up but the sand is not all for us.  Take what we need though. Saturday works for me.

          Rusty will be caring for and maintaining the station this year. Not sure when the our new addition will pop out its head out, but I'm sure it will be sooner than later :-)

          Eddy

          On May 8, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@...> wrote:

          Awesome....way to go Rusty!

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 23 , May 8, 2012
            Oh, forgot to mention ill be taking donations for the dial-up Internet service, which is $10 a month. Along with the maintenance of the weather station, the monthly fee has fallen on me. Anybody feeling generous?

            Rusty Hill
            Photography Elevated
            (208) 891-7744

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 23 , May 8, 2012
                  Thanks for setting up the weather station.  The 19th will work for me.

                  Jake

                  Sent from my iPad

                  On May 8, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

                  I am happy to announce that, just in time for tomorrows morning session, the weather station in up and running.

                  We'll need to organize a beach cleanup to tidy up our launch site in the near future. I'm proposing Saturday the 19th. Right now the beach looks pretty good and wouldn't need too much. The army corp delivered more sand for the beach. I was told it was because Jon Bolt had been complaining that the sand wasn't adequate for his tender feet. Regardless, it needs moved as well as weeds pulled. I don't know who needs to be contacted at ACE, but I'm guessing Eddy can do that. If everyone wants to speak up if the 19th does or doesn't work for them and we'll go from there.
                  See ya in the morning!
                  Rusty Hill
                  Photography Elevated
                  www.SkyBluePhotos.com
                  (208) 891-7744

                  =
                • Robert Shultz
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 8, 2012
                    I thought you were doing it out of the goodness of your heart!  I'm in for a month.  19th works for me.

                    Jim

                    Anyone make it up this morning?  It was blowing at my house by barber park, bet it was good!

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 8, 2012
                      Can't make 19th. But I'm in for $10, and beers when ever....

                      Jack

                    • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 8, 2012
                        Bravo Rusty and Chris! So far the 19th looks good for me as well.
                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        From: Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...>
                        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 17:45:44 -0600
                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 9, 2012
                          Looks good for me too.  But all three kids have soccer games. I'll need to see what time. I'm also good for the $10.

                          Regards,
                          -Jason Brickner
                          Olympus Controls
                          (208)-475-4670

                            Message 13 of 23 , May 9, 2012
                              WOW!  Thanks Rusty & Chris & Eddy for getting us rolling!  I'm countin' on that sand bein' fine grain & sugar white to keep my tootsies dainty soft.

                              Eddy, you think ACE might replenish a bit of pea gravel?

                              I'm good for 19th cleanup & in on the station funding.  Suggest those contributing bring it to Rusty on cleanup day.

                              Thanks guys!

                              Jon

                                Message 15 of 23 , May 9, 2012
                                  Yes that is still the correct ID...  Good thing Tom Van Alten's station is still running!

                                  What would I do without that one.  Thanks Tom

                                  Also the link to KidBoise49 AKA "Barclay Bay" is

                                   http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KIDBOISE49

                                  Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                  208-863-6966

[...]

                                • michael zolin
                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 9, 2012
                                    I can't make the cleanup day, but I am in for the money.
                                    Mike Z

                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 9, 2012

                                      Agreed –“Old Reliable”!!  …a lower tech, but often reliable option is looking at the tips of the trees as morning light breaks in southeast Boise.

                                      But, I generally look at Tom’s site as it is one of the better sites for assessing early morning conditions and “predicting” how the morning will progress.

                                      Thanks Tom!!!

                                      Jack Harrison,

                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 9, 2012
                                        It's looking good up here. Blowing 20 at the meter!

                                        Rusty Hill
                                        Photography Elevated
                                        (208) 891-7744

                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 9, 2012
                                        Steve and Rusty made it out.

                                        Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

[...]

                                        TODAY(Beta) Powered by Yahoo!

                                        Hot careers that are hiring now

                                        Privacy Policy

                                        Message 20 of 23 , Mar 25, 2014
                                          We mite start planning the return of the Barclay weather station , let me know if I can help
                                          Steve
                                        • Chris Lee
                                          Message 21 of 23 , May 22, 2014
                                            Hi all,

                                            Jim & I went up to LP this morning and installed the new SIM card for the hotspot.

                                            The weather station is reporting data and hopefully the connection will be reliable.

                                            I've turned on the scripts to post data to Tom's site: http://www.fortboise.org/windsurfing/uppertv.html

                                            Just in time for the kick-off of Memorial Day weekend.  Looks like the only possible day is tomorrow Friday for morning wind.  Hopefully I'm wrong and there will be wind over the weekend.  At least now we can check the data before driving up.

                                            Looking forward to another sailing season and see you all on the water!

                                            --
                                            Best regards,
                                            Chris Lee.
                                            Message 22 of 23 , May 22, 2014
                                              Forgot to mention water level should be ok to launch windsurfer and kite now.  There's still about 20-30 yards of rock field from the edge of the beach to the water.
                                              The slope is more gentle toward the right side when you head into the water.

                                              Of course more water is better but I think it's acceptable at the moment. :-)

                                              Message 23 of 23 , May 22, 2014

                                                Nice work guys!!!!

                                                See you up there soon.  I’ll get a $20.00 check in the mail today and send it to Jim’s address.

                                                THANKS!!!!

                                                -JBrick