Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wednesday/Thursday session.

  • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 8 3:27 PM
      What kind of kite did you get Jim?
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Jim Tighe <jim@...>
      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:41:50 -0600
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Wednesday/Thursday session.

      Looks like morning wind might work at LP tomorrow if it gets a little warmer then this morn. I lv town Thursday for wk n half,  hope u all have fun.

      daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      Looks like something is coming to town on thursday. I'm hoping for a LL sesh.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:17:13 -0600
      To: Snowkiteidaho<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Wednesday/Thursday session.

      I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???

      I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!

      Eddy

    • Jim Tighe
      Message 2 of 13 , May 9 11:16 AM

        Haven’t had a chance to get anything yet.  Would like to try something out at ICR.  Too much work right now to get out.  Great problem to have though.

        James R. Tighe

        5420 W State St.

        Boise, Idaho 83703

        208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

        jim@...

        www.gemstategymnastics.com

        From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>

        Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:17:13 -0600

        I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???

        I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!

        Eddy

      • geardaddyllc
        Message 3 of 13 , May 9 12:40 PM
          Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

          I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

          > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
          >
          > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
          >
          > Eddy

        • Rusty Hill
          Message 4 of 13 , May 9 1:31 PM
            This morning was a lot of fun! Admittedly, I am a big cold water sissy but this morning I was very comfortable. I received a new pair of 5mil booties in the mail yesterday and that made all the difference in the world. That's why my new slogan is now "don't let the cold water scare you, get a pair!" (of booties)

            Rusty Hill
            Photography Elevated
            (208) 891-7744

            Message 5 of 13 , May 9 4:55 PM

              As usual…. Out of town…

              Save some for me.  I’m back Friday.

              -JBrick

              Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

              I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

              > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
              >
              > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
              >
              > Eddy

            • Rusty Hill
              Message 6 of 13 , May 9 6:29 PM
                Going for a double header. At lake Lowell just about to launch. Wish me luck!

                Rusty Hill
                Photography Elevated
                (208) 891-7744

                On May 9, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                As usual…. Out of town…

                Save some for me.  I’m back Friday.

                -JBrick

                Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

                I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

                > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
                >
                > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
                >
                > Eddy

              • Jim Tighe
                Message 7 of 13 , May 9 6:30 PM

                  Good luck

                  James R. Tighe

                  5420 W State St.

                  Boise, Idaho 83703

                  208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

                  jim@...

                  www.gemstategymnastics.com

                  Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

                  I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

                  > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
                  >
                  > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
                  >
                  > Eddy

                • Will Hise
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 9 9:01 PM
                    What happened? Did you live?

                    On Wednesday, May 9, 2012, Jim Tighe wrote:

                    Good luck

                    James R. Tighe

                    5420 W State St.

                    Boise, Idaho 83703

                    208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

                    jim@...

                    www.gemstategymnastics.com

                    Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

                    I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

                    > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
                    >
                    > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
                    >
                    > Eddy

                  • Rusty Hill
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 9 9:42 PM
                      Ha ha! That was exciting! Turns out I survived. Our original plan was to take the catamaran out on the lake and eat a picnic dinner with some friends at the park near the NW dam. I threw the kite in just in case. Forecast was only showing 8-10 which is light but all I wanted if my wife was my crew. Still trying to ease her into it. So when we arrived it was blowing10-20 and I figured I would avoid a similar sailing story to last year's adventure with Jason Watt. It slowly picked up and was kiteable so I pumped up and went out from the beach nearest the dam. Everyone says not to kite when it's offshore winds... So I recruited a friendly jetskier to be my rescue should disaster strike. So after about 45 mins of kiting in the most violently gusty wind I've ever experienced, I managed to inverted my kite after being lofted off of my edge and penduluming under the kite. After I wrapped my lines up the my new jetskier buddy picked me up and brought me back to shore. Sure beats swimming upwind :) I knew going out there that the wind wasn't going to be ideal, but knowing I'm part of the double header club now will allow me to sleep better tonight.

                      Rusty Hill
                      Photography Elevated
                      (208) 891-7744

                      On May 9, 2012, at 10:01 PM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

                      What happened? Did you live?

                      On Wednesday, May 9, 2012, Jim Tighe wrote:

                      Good luck

                      James R. Tighe

                      5420 W State St.

                      Boise, Idaho 83703

                      208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

                      jim@...

                      www.gemstategymnastics.com

                      Looks like you guys had fun this am. was it painful cold?

                      I'm planning a noon-er at Lake Lowell from Gotts Point ~12-2 Thursday.

                      > I think I'll hold off on LP in morning but if the NW flow is a reality lunch at Lake Lowell. Some forecast have it hitting Wed others on thursday ???
                      >
                      > I'll go both or ICR after work!!!!
                      >
                      > Eddy

                    • Jim Tighe