Fwd: Scheduling a presentation about the Deer Flat NWR draft CCP

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2012
      FYI...
      Could we use your gym Jim?

      Jon

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: <Susan_Kain@...>
      Date: Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM
      Subject: Scheduling a presentation about the Deer Flat NWR draft CCP

      Hello. Last summer during the comment period about the preliminary draft alternatives for Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge's Comprehensive Conservation Plan (CCP), we either did a presentation to your group, we provided information to your group, or your group submitted a comment.  The Refuge is moving forward with the CCP process and is planning to release the draft CCP/Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) in late June.  We will then be accepting comments on the draft for 60 days.  During that comment period, we are hoping to schedule presentations with, or provide information to, stakeholder organizations like yours in order to provide an overview of the draft CCP/EIS and answer any questions you and your members might have.

      If you are interested in scheduling a presentation for your group in July or early August, please email or call (467-9278) for Susan or Jennifer to arrange a meeting.  If we haven't heard from you, we will also follow up with a call later this month to find out how you would like to be involved in this next phase of the CCP process.

      We have this email address on our CCP mailing list, so we will send you the planning update when it is released.  Feel free to forward that information to your members, or let me know if I should add other people to our mailing list.

      We look forward to hearing from you.

      Thanks,
      Susan

      ___________________________________
      Susan Kain, Visitor Services Manager
      Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge
      13751 Upper Embankment Road
      Nampa, ID 83686

      208-467-9278
      fax: 208-467-1019
      Susan_Kain@...
      http://www.fws.gov/deerflat
      ___________________________________
      Ask about the Junior Duck Stamp Art Contest: Connecting Children with Nature through Science and Art

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013
        Jim Tighe, could we use your gym again, and if so, what dates work for you?

        Jon

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
          All...

          We've scheduled Deerflat NWR personnel to present their Draft CCP to us on Saturday April 20, 11am, at Gem State Gymnastics on State St.  The Draft document will be released for public comment on March 15, and I'll forward it to all once I have it.   The comment period ends May 15, so this presentation on April 20 will be our primary means of providing our collective comments.  Please mark your calendars and prioritize it.  Given the effort NWR will put into it, a good turnout would be merited (and a poor one a bit embarassing and a mixed message).

          Thanks.

          Jon