Re: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday ICR

  • Jim Tighe
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16 11:01 AM
      Nice job guys on the cleanup at ICR! Glad to hear some of u got out. I have another 5 day event then one moe a week later so keep the report coming. It will be my only wind fix for awhile.
      Eddy if u are not done moving i have alarge flat bed trailer u can use.

      Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

      Water temp on Saturday was not bad. People were in dry suits or full suits with hoods and booties. I wore an old 5/4/3 kite suit and a sleeveless shorty under it w/booties. I was never cold and could have done without the extra layer. There were some complaints about the water temp from others, but it really wasn't that bad. Warm air temps definitely helped.

      As for the wind (Saturday), if you missed it, you missed it. Was super fun! 11m early on, then 7m around 4pm.

      The beach clean up raked up tons of crap and shrubs and the launch is pretty nice now. I wouldn't do it barefoot, but it's big and nice enough to not ruin your kites.

      On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      Good to hear.  Can’t wait to hit the water.

      We had two birthday parties for the kids this weekend otherwise I would have been there for the cleanup.

      Did Tom say how the wind was?  I would assume typical ICR wind (which isn’t bad).

      -JBrick

      From: woodland.josh@...
      Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:53:04 -0600

      Which sensor is best for ICR? I've been watching the Simco sensor because it is close, but don't know if its most representative.

      On Apr 15, 2012 9:18 PM, "Jack Harrison" <hyqual@...> wrote:

      Glad it worked. Hoping for some soon. How is water and launch?

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 15, 2012, at 8:39 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Tom went out to ICR today 12m for 2 hr all by his lonesome