      Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      Kited there once and won't again. Water dirty and no place downwind to get out due to the brush along the shore

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 31, 2012, at 9:10 AM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      I have to agree with Eddy on the Cow dung

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
      Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:04:57 -0600
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Black Canyon Reservoir

      Thanks Jason. Probably 2 weekends out on the major move.

      I believe that there is some kind of action out at Black Canyon. Look at google Earth pictures it has a perfect layout for NW/SE flow. And the ramps are all situated for wind protect. Also the pic shows white caps :-)

      Eddy

      On Mar 31, 2012, at 7:34 AM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

      Moving out to the west coast, huh?  Congrats on the house hunting.  We've spent tons of time at Black Canyon near Emmett.  Really great sand bar islands way upstream only accessible via jetskii, and jet boat (but we've never seen any jet boats).  It's like having your own personal private acreage of sandy beaches surrounded by water.

      Only time I can think of the wind cranking is during a front or a storm and it's nasty.  3' swell with a really short wavelength, maybe 12'.  Awesome for jumping a PWC, would not want to be in a boat.  Sailed my old 14' Hobiecat there once, turtled it completely as in mast straight down (deep reservoir).

      There is one area that I recall being frequently windy or maybe just breezy when everything else there is glassy.  Near up where the sand bars start clogging things up and there's a wide open area that gets funneled.  Ankle to knee deep water, lots of sand.  Never been up there early in the morning, maybe some LP type flow?

      If nothing else, great spots to kick it away from crowds with gobs of sand beaches with camping potential.  I'll be glad to help with the move.  I've got access to a trailer if wanted.

      What about this weekend, snow, cold water?

      On Mar 31, 2012, at 7:08 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Rusty is talking about Black Canyon.  Which will be my new stomping grounds.  We bought a home in Hidden Springs so we will be much closer to Black Canyon. Anyone want to help us move in a couple weeks???

      Black Creek is just east of town. It's gusty and funky with cow dung.  Jake has lots of play time there.  I've been a few times but like ICR better and it's only 5 min further.

      Eddy

      On Mar 31, 2012, at 6:37 AM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      I've jet ski'd, swam, waterski'd, and canoed up there for years and never saw any submerged obstacles. The only reason why I don't go sail up there or kite there is because I have no idea when the wind blows up there and there are no meters nearby to chart trends. Does anyone know of any patterns or ways of predicting the wind up there?

      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated
      (208) 891-7744

      On Mar 31, 2012, at 2:24 AM, Robert Shultz <jim.shultz00@...> wrote:

      I have not been there but have been told that there is an abundance of sharp trash in the water (washing machines etc.)

      Jim

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 30, 2012, at 23:19, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

      I've seen Black Creek Reservoir. Looks close to home, safe launch, awesome environment... Why nobody goes there kiting? some hide danger? sharks?

      =

      =

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic