      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of steve linane
      Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:36 PM
      To: snow
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Mexico

      are you saying 20m lines are the long one ? as in you are flying something
      shorter ? 25m to 27m are going to make that a completely different kit ,
      give you a lot more power , I fly 27m , 25m , 27m are the stander , 20m for
      surf or learning . but you know all this , get some extinctions at B, Joes
      . Did you bring your camera ?
      Lets see some action .
      also demo a slingshot rally for me , preferable a 12m

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: idakiteman@...
      Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:25:42 -0700

      Big kites down by B. Joe's, but solid beef 12m up north here. Did downwinder
      from hot springs and great time up north but halfway down it weenied.
      Drove back up north and back out on 11.5 for sweet another sweet sesh. I've
      used 11.5 Kahoona all 3 days of kiting so far. Figuring it out &
      experimenting w/ line lengths & pigtail settings. My take so far...it's a
      little slow & lumbering for my taste but that'll be a benefit for 5.5 & 7.5.
      When I go to 20m lines it's a lot better...but I can see it'll take some
      adaptation. l have my Eclipses too and will do head-to-head trials
      tomorrow.

      Thanks for headsup about J. I'll email him.

      All this next week is big Kite Expo so will demo & report. Still on the
      Stonker. Tried a couple other boards first two days but still like the
      Stonk...

      Senor Jon

      On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Jon
      thanks for the report . J Jordan is down there he said he would look you up
      his # is 869-2307 . Looks like big kit today and tomorrow but picks up
      Tuesday Wednesday .
      what kites did you bring , did you get your knew Kahoons ? are you still
      using the old old stonker ? maybe time to up grade . lets us know if you
      demo anything Steve-O

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: idakiteman@...
      Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:33:04 -0700

      Jack...I'm in La Ventana which is about 40 minutes east of La Paz on Sea of
      Cortez. It's a small dirt roaded sleepy village of Mexican fisherman except
      November-April when the wind junkies and snowbirds arrive. Some camp, some
      have homes. Fantastically beautiful setting , conditions for kiting, great
      eats where local Mexicans do home cooking...

      We drove from San Diego but you can fly into either Cabo (and take 2 hr
      drive), or La Paz. Rent cars either place.

      Yesterday another 10-12m day with smooth winds, warm. Last night was annual
      Burning Bush festival...like Burning Man but way smaller...but a few
      exhibits came from BurningMan. Way cool. Theme this ear was "World Ends in
      2012"...evidently Mayan Calendar ends in 2012 more precisely predicting the
      end at 12/12/12. This website will have pix when the photographer gets
      around to posting them: www.ventana411.com . I'll get names of other
      websites that have pix and send the urls.

      Today 12:30PM looks like a bluebird sky thermal day probably 12m maybe 14.
      Warm no clouds. Time for the downwinder...later...

      Jan 15, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Jack Harrison <hyqual@...> wrote:

      Jon – you have a minute, gives us some more details…I’d like to know where
      you’re at and how you got there.

      Enjoy!

      Jack