9467Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Weekend snowkiting?

  • Josh Woodland
    Dec 1, 2011

      Saturday looks like it's supposed to be sunny with a West breeze. Is this the right condition for a good afternoon thermal?

      Thanks,
      Josh

      On Nov 30, 2011 3:10 PM, "eisele.katie" <eisele.katie@...> wrote:

      I'm willing to go. I have a training until 12 on Sat if anyone wants to wait. Recently got a 10m foil I'm dying to try out!
      Katie

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Joey" <joeywoodland@...> wrote:

      > Will,
      >
      > I was out there on saturday just to check out the conditions. Featherville Flats is deep enough if you keep an eye out for the random rock. The snow is probably 10" deep and there was a soft crust on top. If you drive straight into the Malcolmsen snow park off the highway and continue straight you can drive out to the flats via the access road if you have 4wd. You should also be able to access the flats from the Pine turnoff. The rest of the terrain is still barren of snow.
      >
      > Joey
      >
      > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Will Hise <will.hise@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I know it's only humpday, but I'm thinking about the weekend. Is there
      > > enough snow anywhere yet to get our snowkite on?
      > >
      > > I heard from a friend there were people riding in Sun Valley at the Warm
      > > Spring Lodge last weekend. That's a good sign, but a tad far. If anyone
      > > feels like chasing a fix this weekend, let me know. I have never gone this
      > > long without kiting when I'm not injured.
      > >
      > > --Will

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic