9457Re: Maui & "golf clubs"

  • jwattboi
    Nov 25, 2011
      It was United. I've flown enough the last few years that I get two checked bags for free. I knew they changed their kiteboard policy last spring from free to $100 so I anticipated being charged at some point anyway.

      I can't remember what kite forum I read it on, but everyone was talking about how Maui counter agents were on to us and our golf bags.

      It was actually kind of funny, before I could reach down to pull out one of the two clubs I had in it she opened the main compartment and said "oh, a kiteboard". She knew. I guess she wasn't fallin' for any banana in the tailpipe.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      > Jason, what airline was that?...
      >
      > On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Yeah, OGG doesn't fall for the golf club bag trick. Checked in tonight.
      > > Counter agent "are those golf clubs".
      > > Me "I've got golf clubs in there".
      > > Her "I'll have to see them".
      > > Before I could open the front compartment and show her my two
      > > Eddy-inspired clubs she opened the main and said "oh a kiteboard".
      > > I told her I had gold clubs and stuff. She said that'll be $100.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic