    Nov 25 11:28 AM
      No,  I was waiting to see what you found out about Kurt n marinas?  I have done some talking and checking about driving back. To avoid a lot of the danger I will not cross the border in Tijuana. I will go through in tecate. Not sure yet what the closest airport is to tecate?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 25, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Gavin Morrison <Gavilan22@...> wrote:

      Good info...I usually get caught  on the way down to Cobo but not on the way back....I usually spend five minutes arguing until a manager comes out and shuts me down.
      But maybe I'll find a few drivers to put in with my stuff.

      Have you got a reservation in LV yet?

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: zolie22@...
      Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:19:00 -0800
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Maui & "golf clubs"

      I have also been lucky so far.  Golf clubs do fly for free and kiteboards are $100.  Most of the airlines dont have anything that says kiteboard in the rules so they classify it as a surfboard. I put my board at the bottom of my bag then put a layer of clothes over it, then my kite and a few golf clubs (drivers= they are the lightest).  Jason on your  way home layer it like this, then put some dirty looking underwear or baby diapers on the top.  Put something that they will not want to dig around in and you should be fine.  learn the names of a few of the local courses. I have been asked where I played and if I liked the course.  I was lucky that I knew a few of the courses and was able to bullshit my way through.  As for the discrimination, I was told that people with power play golf.  That is why there is no fee for clubs. Even at $200 if you get some good kiting in it will be worth it.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic